Hide 'n Go-Seek (23)

Reader's POV

Later on in the day, I was watching some of the old cassette tape recorders. Until I could play the next one, which said 'Experiment 1006', I heard the factory speakers turn on. Wow they didn't have them before.

"Everyone please meet inside of the Living Room or Train Station Room. This is a emergency! Everyone come quickly!"

I heard Poppy's voice speak from it. Oh no. This must be big if it's her speaking.

I opened the Red Room's door to find Cat Bee with Candy Cat outside. They turned to me quickly.

"Good. You're here! Let's go!" Cat Bee said as she ran with me and Candy Cat down the hallway all the way towards the Train Station.

We ran through the door to see the toys already there surrounding Poppy. Poppy did a 'hurry up' hand signal to hurry us over to her.

"Listen everyone- this is an emergency!" Poppy announced. "The police are outside! I saw it on the cameras.. why?"

Everyone hesitated, while sparing glances at each other. I was looking around until I noticed Poppy staring at me suspiciously.

"Did you have something to do with it?!" Poppy glared at me in anger.

I started feeling self conscious at all the stares of the toys surrounding me, "No! I didn't I-" I went silent, as I started thinking of Troy. Shit!

Everyone was still glaring at me in worry, as I took my phone out and dialled Troy's number with my credit.

"Y/N?!" Troy asked from the other side of the phone.

"Troy- Did you do this?! Why are the police here?! I know you know!" I stated in complete anger.

"Listen- me and nan have a plan! Please quickly hide and don't let them catch you!"

"Ugh! Troy this is so stupid! They'll pin me as a missing person!"

"They won't! Believe me!"

I quickly hung up, as me and the toys heard banging from the other room.

"Guys! I need all of you to hide!" I said in panicked. The toys gasped.

"Huggy, Kissy Missy! Hide in your usual spot! Small toys, you'll hide from high above or in the machines! The rest will hide in the vents or rooms! Go!" Poppy ordered as they all ran.

"Poppy-"

"Come with me! Don't let them see you!" Poppy replied, as I followed her through a hallway and up the stairs.

...

Narrator

Poppy led you into her area of the factory. It was posh. It had old, but rich wall paper and more odd stuff compared to the rest of the factory.

She lead you into a hallway, which was a short cut to finding the Red Room.

"Pull down that vent with the GrabPack then put it back up and hide in there! Once you're in, walk towards, where the vent will make you end up! You can spy on the main room, where Huggy would normally stand."

"Thank you!" you replied, as you put on the GrabPack and pulled down the vent entrance and crawled inside. It was really spacious for a vent space. They probably needed it though for things like this. You also realised it was the same vent you crawled in when exploring with Troy that one day.

You pulled the vent entrance back, while seeing Poppy already gone and walking down another ventilation area.

You hurried towards the left, then forward, then right, then right, then left, then forward until you ended up in a really high area.

Poppy was right. It was where you could see Huggy standing. There was other vents from above, where you saw multiple vents and different toys peaking out.

You saw PJ wave and as you returned it, the police entered through the area.

"Seen anything?"

"Nope, no girl."

"Keep looking, this is a big place we'll find something or two."

The police said, as they continued searching the area for 2 hours straight. It got tiring staying in the vent, but you waved at the other toys, while trying to communicate to them.

There was a door slam and Huggy looked up and gave a thumbs up.

...

You met with the rest of the toys in the Toy Making Room after the police left. The toys were all sitting in groups or talking with each other.

"Everyone!" Poppy shouted to gain everyone's attention. "The police are gone. We did two checks!"

Everyone sighed in relief and happiness and continued to talk to each other. You noticed Mommy Long Legs crawling her way towards you.

"Hello," she said.

"Oh-! Hello..?" you said questioningly. You always remembered Mommy, but you never noticed her around the factory.

"Now.. I remembered you talking to Poppyseeds and what was that phone call about hmm?" she asked. It felt quite scary actually. She had bright green eyes, which shone. They almost seemed like they'd glow in the dark.

"Uh.. Popp- yes uhm.."

"Don't be scared! I remember you well.."

"You do..? That's good," you said awkwardly, trying to avoid eye contact.

"Listen if you want to survive here, all you gotta do is listen to Mommy!" she replied cheerfully.

"Uhm-" you suddenly felt arms around you. Huggy?

"She dosen't have to tell you Mom."

"Fine then!" Mommy replied as she floated in her webs away from you.

You quickly ran out the room awkwardly after unwrapping Huggy's arms around you.

Huggy's POV

I saw Y/N leave the room awkwardly after Mommy departed from us. Maybe it was my fault..?

I sighed and I felt someone glaring at me. I turned to see Poppy storming up to me with her littlest legs ever.

"You trust her yet?" I asked.

"What?! Of course not! Her mum and her mum's friend was both former owner's of this factory! I'll never trust her!" Poppy shouted.

I noticed a few looks from Cat Bee, Daisy and Bunzo questioningly, but I tried to ignore it. "Poppy- just because her mum was the owner dosen't make her a bad person! Her mum was-"

"Was what huh?! See?! Her mum got the innovation group onto you! And you know what I mean by that!"

"I left my position.. it was my fault Poppy!"

"If her mum was nice, that shouldn't have been your punishment! And it was still
Y/N's fault by wanting to play Hide And Seek with you!" Poppy replied in frustration.

Before I could reply, Poppy left in fury.