Chapter 4: A New Beginning

* Andrea's POV *

The sun reflected through the glass window, and went straight to my eyes. I thought I was gonna be blind for a moment there. It was too early. But it didn’t seem to matter to me. I went to close the curtains for a bit, and then went back to bed daydreaming. I clearly didn’t want to get up yet. I just want to lie down and enjoy the time. I’m not a morning person, so it was really hard for me waking up every school day. Or I just didn’t want to go to school. I hated school. I think we all know the reason for that.

It was Saturday morning, around 7AM, and I’m up. The house was still quiet, probably my parents and my brother were still sound asleep. We slept really late. Back home, I’d usually wake up around 10AM, and I’d probably on the phone talking to either Sarah or Tina, asking for plans this weekend. We all love going to the mall, hitting up the arcade, and watching movies. Of course, we’re girls so we do love shopping a lot. My brother would usually hit up the gym in morning, and hang out with his friends till daylight. He didn’t really use the curfew. I caught him a couple of times sneaking out too.

I decided to finally get up the bed. I headed to the bathroom first to freshen up. When I was done, I went to the terrace and looked over the backyard, and the other houses. It’s really different. It’s quiet, like there’s a newborn baby, and everyone had to stay still. The wind was cold, but it didn’t bother me. I believe that my skin was too thick for the cold season. I was enjoying every bit.

The backyard looks so beautiful. It had a full-size white arch, covered in flower vines. It was pretty, kind of like the ones you see in the movies, or that music video by Taylor Swift. I visualized myself having a prince charming waiting downstairs and climbing up my balcony, when I least expect him to. I’m a sucker for romantic comedies. When I was little, I wanted to grow up as a princess. During those times, I believed that it was an occupation that only a few ones were chosen. Well my mum made me watch all those princess stories so then I suppose that everyone would end up with happy endings. But then when I grew older, I learned it wasn’t a job that you could choose. Some people were born to be one. You can be one too, but like being someone’s princess, as in being in love with someone who would truly love and care for you.

I’ve never been in a serious relationship before. I didn’t know much guys considering I went to an exclusive all-girls school. I met one in my cousin’s birthday party. His name was Michael, and he was a friend of my cousin, Joanna. He goes to an exclusive all-boys school. He was kind of popular, and it shocked me that he actually likes me, or so I thought. He got my number, and we used to talk all the time. We dated for awhile, but he didn’t want to out me as his girlfriend. I didn’t care at first, because I didn’t want anyone to ruin my happiness. My family never really found out, not even my cousin. Only Sarah and Tina knew about it. My dad was a bit strict with boys, and I didn’t really want to argue with him every time Michael would show up, or call me. To everyone, we were just friends.

During the first 3 months, I was fine with the set-up. We only have limited time, and we typically end up at a movie house. I met his family once, but he didn’t say I was his girl. I was merely a friend. His birthday was coming up, and I wanted to surprise him with something so I asked my friends to accompany me to the mall to buy him a gift. Too bad, they weren’t available so I went alone. I didn’t really know what to buy him, or what he wanted. I ended up going to a game store, and thought maybe I’d buy the latest game they have. He was a gamer. Whenever he’s at home, he’s usually playing on the Xbox. As I was browsing to one row, at the corner of my eye, I saw him with his friends. I did have the courage to walk up to them and say hello. He was stunned to see me there; like I was a ghost from the past has come to haunt him down.

Hey Michael, what are you doing here?” I asked.

Oh hey, nothing, I was just out with some friends. You?” he replied.