Chapter 10: The Ugly Truth

* Andrea's POV *

I woke up rather early for school today. For someone who’s not a morning person, I was in a chirpy mood. I had my breakfast and took off.

“You’re early today, Andi. What’s the rush?” Dylan inquired as he caught up with me.

“Nothing really, I thought it’d be great to go early than cramming up later on to get to school. What about you? Aren’t you early?” I returned the question.

“Ha! I always leave around this time. Andrew and I have football practice in the morning” he said.

“You’re on the football team? Why weren’t you practicing with Andrew last Saturday though?” I asked with curiosity.

“Yeah, that’s right. I actually didn’t know there was a meeting last Saturday” Dylan told me.

“You’re probably gonna be yelled at now for not showing up?” I said teasingly.

Not long after, we finally have arrived school. His friends were already there, as well as Jai and Luke.

“Good morning, Andi. You’re early” Jai greeted me and got curious why I was with Dylan. “How did you know Dylan?”

“He’s my first friend and neighbor” I answered truthfully.

“Yeah, true. You jealous?” Dylan teased as he grabbed Andrew to football practice while I... I was left with the boys. Awkward!

I stayed and hanged out with them for a bit, until I saw my friend Sam. I went to excuse myself to hang out with her.

“What are you doing?” asked Sam like I was in trouble.

“Okay, I have no idea what’s happening right now. Please tell me, Sam” I begged and dying to know what’s wrong. “Please Sam, can you tell me why Robert got mad yesterday? Can you tell me what all this big fuss about Jai is?”

“They’re Janoskians” Sam exclaimed.

“Jano-what?”

“Ugh. They’re a group called “Janoskians” and they’re a big hit on YouTube” she explained. “I actually like them… No, I love them a lot! But I can’t.”

“What do you mean you can’t?”

“You know how the guys are. They’ll get mad!” she said.

“So? I don’t’ get it. They are your friends. I’d be happy for you if I was them. I won’t control you who to like or not” I was mad. Turns out Robert’s group turned out a total bully.

The talk with Sam made me so mad like I wanna burst my emotions and slap them in Robert’s face. You can’t control who I want to be friends with. I found myself alone again, no one to talk to. I was roaming around the hallways, not my usual first day self.              

“Hey, are you okay?” someone asked me. I looked around and saw Luke standing beside his locker.

“Yeah. Thanks” I pretended. How can I tell him I wasn’t, when he is part of the reason why I’m mad with my so-called friends?

“It seems like you needed someone to talk to. I can listen” he offered. I smiled back at him.

I continued walking in the hallways and I didn’t realize he was following me. I went outside to get some fresh air. “What’s wrong, Andi?”

Should I tell him I got bullied before, and I didn’t want it to happen again? Should I tell him about what I found out? Should I tell him that I know of the “Janoskians”? I didn’t know where to start, but it seemed like he was gonna stay there till I talk my heart out.