Epilogue

* Andrea's POV *

One month later...

May 1, 2012. It was Tuesday and I was in school. I was still friends with my group. It was awkward at first right after the incident. I’m much closer to Julie now. I don’t know she kind of like gets me, and she has been with me ever since the issue with Luke and Jai occurred. I am glad that I have her with me or I would probably go insane.

I have never really hanged out with the Brooks’ house anymore. It’s not that they don’t invite me to go, but I was not in the mood to see everything again. I still love them both though. And maybe Jai was right. Maybe we all needed space from each other. I knew that this would happen sooner or later. I miss their family though. I miss going to their video shoots. But then again, the last time I went, it got out of hand. I love how Luke and Jai are back to their normal relationship. They have been starting to have fun together again. It was so nice to watch them from afar. It’s like I have lived in a dream for so long, and I just woke up and realized that it was all a dream.

Julie and I loved hanging out at school. Of course, at first it was weird like something is missing because we don’t hang out with the big group anymore like we used to. But we’re all still friends… I hope. Julie and I were catching up on the sidelines. We kind of stopped watching our friends have fun. I didn’t even notice that Jai was already standing in front of us.

“Hey” he greeted. It’s the first time we’re actually talking. It’s the first time he came near me after the incident.

“Hey” we greeted back.

“Are you guys free on Saturday?” Jai asked.

“I don’t know yet” I told him.

“Well, I was hoping you could come to the house. Luke and I will be having a small gathering, our birthday party with family and close friends and I would love it if you could come” Jai said, “You too, Julie.”

“I’ll try” Julie said.

I almost forgot. It was Luke and Jai’s birthday. “I’ll see” I replied.

“Okay, good here are your invites” Jai said as he each handed us some envelopes. “I miss you, Andi.”

“Me too” I told him. I felt a bit bad again and I felt like crying. This shouldn’t have happened if I loved Jai all the while.

The week has gone by so fast and the next thing I knew it was already Saturday. Julie called and told me she was coming if I would come.

“Okay, I guess I’m coming” I told her.

We met up at the bus station and went to Luke and Jai’s house. Some of our friends were hanging out outside the garden and saw us.

“Yay! Andi and Julie came!” Kaity said. We went inside and the family has greeted me.

“Hey, thanks for coming!” Jai told me, as I handed out his present. I gave him Luke’s present too.

“You didn’t have to bring any presents. Your presence is good enough” Jai joked.

I smiled. “Happy birthday!”

“I know it’s my birthday but I have something for you” Jai said. I was wondering what it was and then he lead me to his and Luke’s room.

He opened the door and Luke was in there. “Happy birthday, Luke” I greeted him too. “I gave your present to Jai.”

“Thanks, Andi” Luke said and smiled.

“So here is my present to you. Luke, Happy Birthday brother! I know how much you love Andi, and Andi, don’t deny it I know you love my brother as well. I would rather have you date my brother than date some other guy in school” Jai told me.

I was pretty shocked. I didn’t know that Jai would actually do this. Luke was shocked too. It was an awkward 5 minutes.

But then, “Omg, this is actually the time you two would have kissed already! You’re so slow, Luke. If you don’t do it, I might just steal her away from you again!” Jai teased.

Luke hugged me and then we kissed. It was weird to see Jai watching us.

“You two talk, I’ll take care of the guests” Jai said as he was about to go out of the room.

He looked so sad deep inside. But he kept on smiling while talking to us. I knew it was hard for him to do this.

“Jai” I called out, and Luke went to him and hugged him, “Thanks brother.”

I also went up to him and said, “I love you, Jai. Thank you.”

*                                                         *                                                         *

A/N: I would just like to thank everyone who read the book, left comments and voted. You guys are awesome!

For those who have requested the sequel, it’s now up on my profile, Stupid Seconds.