Chapter 21: The Confrontation

* Andrea's POV *

Walking with Jai wasn’t the idea really. I wanted to walk home alone to think about myself. I wanted to know myself better and think of things that are bothering me. It’s not that Luke was bothering me at all, but I want to stop everything because of Jai. The walk home was quiet. Neither of us wanted to talk. We weren’t in a hurry. We were both taking our time. We didn’t held hands tonight and Jai was looking straight down the road.

“Do you like Luke?” he asked out of the blue.

 I was stunned. I didn’t expect that he would ever ask me that. That question makes me tremble in a bad way, and it’s the least topic I’d want to talk to Jai right now.

“He’s nice” I replied though I knew that wasn’t the answer he was looking for. I knew he wanted to hear a “yes” or a “no”, but of course he wanted to hear “no”.

I looked at him as if I was confused why he asked that. I looked at him as if ‘You’ve got to be kidding me’ kind of look. I knew how much he was getting pissed deep inside, and I didn’t want to get him all mad.

“Right, so do you like him?” he asked again, looking intently on the ground.

“What do you mean? Of course, he’s my friend. I like all my friends” I answered, trying to change the topic. 

He was getting more pissed. “You know what I mean.” Yeah I do know what he means.

He stopped walking, and so did I. I was silent for a bit. I didn’t know exactly what to tell him. I don’t know if I should lie or not. But I know if I did lie, it would cause more trouble.

“I… I’m sorry” I cried.

The look on his face was scary. It was like he wanted to punch the wall or something. I came towards him to give him a hug, but he pushed me away. He. Pushed. Me. Away!

I wanted to tell him how sorry I was. “I didn’t mean to, Jai.”

He wasn’t listening to me. I wanted to cry out loud. I hurt him so bad and I feel like I’m the worst person ever.

“I better get you home now” he said so seriously. He started to walk pass me and didn’t look back. I followed him. I wanted him to know how important he was for me and I meant it when I said I didn’t wanna lose him. I don’t. If I would need to kill these feelings for Luke I would in an instant. I love Jai and I can’t lose him.

We have arrived home.

“Come in, let’s talk” I insisted.

“No, I have to get going” he replied, still not looking at me, nor being sweet like he used to.

I feel like crap, to be honest. I should have lied. I should have told him no. But what happens if he finds out later on? I’m gonna be in more trouble. I went forward to give him a hug, which he refuses again.

“I love you, Jai. I do” comforting him with what I feel.

“Yeah, but not in the same way you love Luke.” He uttered and began walking away from me.

I went to follow him. I wasn’t giving up this easily. “Jai, please listen to me. I never want to hurt you. I’d choose you any day.”

He heard me. But he left as I was saying that. What have I done?

I went inside the house as Jake was at the living room watching a movie. My parents are out in the kitchen, and mum asked me if I had eaten.

“I ate at Jai’s house. I’m really tired right now. I’m going to bed. Goodnight” I told them as fast as I could.