Chapter 24: Destiny

* Luke's POV *

Competition is usually a part of sports wherein you would compete against another person for a prize or recognition. Competing for sports has always been a challenge for me, in a good way. I love competition. I love getting rewarded with recognition even if it’s just for fun. It feels great to be able to join different sports, not only for the recognition, but also for the experience. Jai and I have always been fond of many sports, from tennis to bowling, and even from basketball to soccer. We’re both really competitive. At some games, he’s winning, and some games, I am. But we don’t fight. We do tease a lot like who’s the better one, for example in tennis, but we don’t take anything seriously.  

Competing for a girl though is a wholly different game. Jai and I don’t usually end up liking the same girl. We did once, and I won the girl though it wasn’t anything too serious. We don’t actually have the same type on girls. I’d say, Andi is Jai’s type all right. Though there was something about Andi that didn’t stop me. I liked her the first time I met her even though we didn’t really talk. It was the first time I would have to say that my world has stopped for that brief encounter.

I love Andi, and I can’t deny that. I don’t anymore. Our friends would have finally noticed or have gotten a grip of the story since Andi ran away. They knew something happened with the three of us, Andi, Jai, and me. They all knew it had something to do with Jai and I. I know that most of them think Andi should have been with Jai because he’s the one who was the most expressive from the start. I don’t blame them. True, I wasn’t that expressive when it came to Andi. Not that I didn’t want her to know, but I was scared that these things would have been happening. I was scared. But I know people would ask now, what happened? Why I was suddenly out? What made me get out of my shell? I know some of my friends do actually blame me. They do.

I didn’t care if they did though. Right now, that isn’t even the problem we all had to face. Andi ran away, and no one even knows where she is. Her phone has been off the whole afternoon. I was startled the first time when Dylan texted me that Andi wasn’t home and that her mum didn’t know where she was. I felt guilty. It was my fault. It was me. I was the last person she had talked with. She didn’t do this with Jai, when Jai was all mad at her. She did it after we talked. Does this means she truly does love me and doesn’t want me to leave her? Or does she just feels that after Jai pushed her away, and now I did leave her, she just want to think on her life? What would happen to her now?

Mum noticed how worried I was. I kept going back and forth from the hallway to the living room. I was concerned where Andi has gone. I was afraid that something might have happened to her. I was troubled that the next call might be from the police or the hospital telling us that she might have had an accident. I shook that off. I didn’t want anything bad to happen to Andi. I wouldn’t forgive myself.

“Fuck, it’s all my fault!” I yelled.

I tried reaching Andi’s mobile phone but it was still off. I have no idea how many messages have I left her voice mail, or how many texts I have sent her.

“Please see my messages!” Call me desperate, because I am.

Jai went out of our room like he didn’t care at all. He wasn’t the same guy who was expressive enough anymore. He looked like a zombie going in and out of the room like nothing major was happening.

“What the fuck is wrong with you!?” I screamed at him, “Andi’s missing! The girl you love and you’re like not concerned at all!”

He acted like he didn’t hear me and pass through me. I turned around and grabbed him on his arm, and then pushed him on the wall about to punch his face. I was about to but my mum stopped me. He was getting pissed off. He looked mad at me, but still didn’t care.