Chapter 27: Your Hero

* Jai's POV *

Since Andi had run away, or so we thought, I have been thinking to myself lately. I didn’t mean to hurt her, though I was pretty sure I wasn’t the reason why she did that. I know it was Luke because I saw how hurt she was when they were talking in the hallway last week. If she only knew how hurt I was, but then I guess I didn’t matter to her.

I was scared to lose her honestly. I want our friendship back. I don’t care if she won’t ever love me like the way she loves my brother, but I hope someday I’m gonna be the one she’s looking for. I hope it’s me all along and that this thing she has for my brother would die down.

That night after my brothers and I brought her home, I have been so worried about her. I was worried about the things she could do. I wanted to look after her and tell her that I was sorry for pushing her away the last time we had a talk. I do really feel bad. But I couldn’t because every time I see her, I see the pain that hurts me the most. I could see her eyes pretty much in love with Luke. And they do say that eyes don’t lie.

Knowing that I took her home that night, I thought her parents would have thought of me in a different way. Sort of like the boyfriend they wanted Andi to have. But it was all fake. It was Luke who found her. It was Luke who knew where she could be. It was Luke, and not me. I knew that Luke wanted me to become Andi’s hero. I saw how he backed out when we saw Andi.  I saw how much he felt hurt, his eyes showed the same way as hers.

The next day at school was a bit slow. Andi didn’t show up. I thought maybe she would take the day off after what had happened. I was still worried about her. I was wondering what’s up and how was she coping up now. I hoped she was okay.

My friends noticed how I acted different that day, especially Nathan and Julie. They kept on asking me about what happened between Luke and Andi. They were also asking why Jake was mad at both of us. They were asking so much questions but I kept on ignoring them and walk away. I wasn’t in the mood to tell everyone anything that had happened. I knew they were smart so they would probably have figured it out now and was just annoying the hell out of me. They wanted to know directly.

As I was on my way to class, I logged on to Twitter on my mobile. I saw Andi tweeted, “In need to be rescued. All heroes please apply.” I wanted to be that hero. I wanted to skip my remaining classes and go to her house. I remember the time when we painted the walls at her bedroom, she shared that she was a hopeless romantic kind of girl. She had a balcony in her room, and she wanted to feel like someone in the movies, like a guy would sweep her off her feet. I wanted to surprise her. I do, but all these hurt was stopping me. I wanted to ignore it but I just wasn’t ready yet. Maybe in time I would be.

The week was boring and slow. At least my friends were keeping me company. I miss Andi so much. Around Wednesday after school, my friends and I decided to make a new video for the Janoskians so we went to the mall. It was great I thought I could finally get my mind off Andi for a bit. Luke and I were kind of back to normal, though I wouldn’t say it’s perfect but at least it’s getting there.

We all went at the food court to film our new video called “Fast Fooding”. Basically, it features us eating food that the others bought because we didn’t have money. It was fun. The other people were like ‘no stop eating my food’. Then the others were fine with it. Beau mostly got more food than the rest of us, even an ice cream to top it off.

In the middle of the shooting, I heard Sam called Andi. She was at the mall with Jake, her older brother. She looks good. I was distracted again, and actually wanted to come over and say hi, but I was in the middle of working. Since the incident, she has never called me or texted me. I don’t know if she even knows I was the one who brought her home. Andi seems like in a hurry, because I saw how she dragged Jake to go. Maybe she still wasn’t in the mood to see me… or Luke. However, my brother doesn’t seem to care at all. Actually since we found her, he doesn’t care anymore.