Chapter 22: Double Confrontation

* Luke's POV *

Some people get sad when they’re sick because they wouldn’t be able to hang out with their friends. They won’t have the energy to go outside their house. They won’t have the energy to eat, or do something else, rather than staying in bed the whole day. I wasn’t sad or anything. I was so happy when Andi showed up in my room with some food on the tray.

I never expected the fact that she would come and visit. She did mention she was here to visit Jai, but the fact that he was out, and Andi was here for me now, is like destiny and fate was on my side. I swear, I didn’t believe on this crap before. I thought those only comes in the movies or in someone’s fantasy. I’m glad it landed on mine. Wait, I’m glad? If this was my movie, I didn’t want a villain. I didn’t want my twin brother to be the villain. Can’t we make a movie and just be happy all the time? Apparently no, no one’s interested enough for that movie, except me and maybe Andi. I hope so.

Being in love with Andi was tearing up my brotherly relationship with Jai. This was the crappiest fight I have ever had with Jai, and actually the most hurtful one. Of course, Andi wasn’t the first girl we both laid our eyes on, but Andi was the only serious girl relationship that we ever fought for. But if you look closely, I think I’m not gonna win in this one. I haven’t even started fighting for her, and yet, I think I’m gonna lose.

The moment Jai saw Andi in our room; I knew he was pissed off. He wanted to punch the wall. He wanted to scream out loud and tell me to fuck off.

The dinner was good too. I have the best time really. Andi was really worried about me. I saw her on the way to our bathroom, and all she hoped was for me to feel better, and that I would eat something. She was the sweetest. Her smile was the perfect ending to my love story.

I went back to bed after dinner, and was feeling a bit better. Of course, I was still reminiscing on the idea that Andi was here this morning. She took good care of me. She was so concerned, and that she never pushed me away when I kissed her twice. Was that an answer that she loves me back? Was that a ‘yes’? Does that mean we’re together? I actually have no idea.

The door opened and Jai was in a really bad mood. He was actually sobbing. I haven’t seen him cry like this before.

“Are you happy now?” he shouted at me.

 I didn’t really know what he was saying. I was in awe. “What are you talking about?”

I was confused. I didn’t know anything I’ve done. I was at home the whole day. Is it because of Andi?

“Like you have no idea!” as he went to bed. He didn’t change his clothes. He was still wearing the same thing.

“I don’t really” I told him.

He was not gonna like that answer. I knew he would be shouting back at me telling me I’m an idiot for not knowing anything he feels.

“Andi loves you!” he cried. “She told me she loves you!”

Andi loves me. Andi fucking loves me.

I should be in high spirits when Andi told Jai she loves me. I should be. But I wasn’t. Looking at Jai all down and hurt was getting me all damage. I was the cause. I was his reason. But I have to admit, I did really fuck up. I knew all along that he had feelings for Andi, but I still did show Andi what I felt.

Getting an answer from the girl you love would be a pretty amazing feeling. That would be my case only if the guy I was fighting with wasn’t Jai, my twin brother. He was hurt. I wanted to comfort him and tell him things will be okay, except that it I know it wouldn’t. I knew that if Andi and I end up together, my relationship with Jai would end pretty badly. I couldn’t do this to my own brother. I knew that some other people might think that ‘Hey, it is okay. He’s your brother. He needs to calm down and understand this’. That wasn’t the case for me and Jai. I was scared that it won’t get us back in the shape we used to have before Andi come along. I blame myself for loving Andi. It was my entire fault why my brother is unhappy right now. I knew this has to end sooner or later.