Chapter 26: Changes

* Andrea's POV *

One of the biggest fears I had when I learned about the family moving to Australia was being alone and bullied all over again. I was getting used to people from my school from all the things they have done to me. I was scared that moving to a new country and a new school would be like another torture at the chamber. Knowing how people are more open-minded in other countries, I just knew I wouldn’t fit in.

I grew up with a conservative dad, and a modern mum. My dad would always have to know where I was going, who I’m gonna be with, what time I’m going home, and other details that he had to know even if I’m just going to school. He was so protective of me, maybe because I was his only daughter and he is just used to being traditional and one who follows the rules. My mum, however, is a cool one, though I’d still say Gina Brooks is the coolest mum ever. She’s one who’s open up to new things, up-to-date with the latest fashion, and one who just loves to go out and have fun with her friends. I do have an older brother who parties all night with his friends, I think he got that from mum.

Since we moved to Australia, dad has slowly opened his mind to new changes and possibilities that we may have encounter. He’s not that strict anymore especially with me. I have encountered many changes and he’s there to support me and stuff, when normally he would ask me questions until he’s fully satisfied with all the information I gave him. But knowing that I ran away last night, I wouldn’t know how he would deal with it. I was pretty scared.

I woke up in my own bed wearing PJs. I wasn’t actually sure how I got home. My head still hurts and I still feel a bit dizzy. I just remembered the Brooks Brothers were asking me to ride with them so I can now go home. Honestly, I don’t remember that I did come home with them or even changed into my PJs. I don’t remember anything.

Getting up my bed was like accepting the challenge and faces my dad for the first time after running away last night. I was scared. I wouldn’t know what he would do to me. I have never been in so much trouble before so this feeling was all new to me.

“Good morning!” Jake greeted as he checked if I was already up.

“How’s dad?” I asked, terrified.

Jake laughed and told me, “You’re in deep shit!” and then laughed more.

“Please don’t scare me like that…” I was already scared and Jake telling me all the things that have happened yesterday, it just makes me more afraid of seeing my dad.

“How did I get home?” I asked, “I really don’t remember a thing!”

“You don’t remember? Jai brought you home” he told me, “he even carried you to your bed like what newlyweds do during their honeymoon.” Oh my God! Jai brought me home. I don’t even know what I did to him last night. Wait, does this mean he forgave me?

Jake told me more about stories from last night. He told me that the cops went here and asked details about me. He also mentioned that all my friends from school came and they were all worried about me.

“So, what happened? Why did you run away?” he asked. I knew anytime soon he would ask me that.

“I didn’t run away. I was gonna go home. I went there to think about stuff” I told him.

“Then why did you turn your mobile off then?” he asked.

“Because I knew that people would call and look for me and stuff and I wanted to be alone. I wanted to have my own time to think of things” I explained.

He shook his head and said, “Well, you gotta think of a way to tell that to dad!”

I’ve never been in trouble before even for the littlest things. It’s always my older brother, Jake, who gets in trouble but they always reason out that he’s a guy so he can probably handle himself unlike with me being a girl, so they are protective. It’s quite unfair though.