Prologue

They're all dead. Everyone. Everything is gone!
The village! Everything!
You can see one Naruto Uzumaki on a war-torn battlefield. The broken, burned bodies of the people he once called friends lay dead at his feet. He could feel the physical and emotional role this war had taken on him. Naruto is dying and he knew it.

He gritted his teeth at the agonizing pain coming from his body. "Do you see now Uzumaki? All your comrades are dead. You have nothing left. "
The statement came from the man he hated most. The man who has killed his friends and family. The man who started this war.
Madara Uchiha.

Naruto scoffed, then winced at the pain.
In his head, he asked Kurama to assess the damage to his body.
"Kit, it's not good. You have severe internal bleeding, several broken bones, a punctured lung, slight brain damage, and extreme chakra exhaustion. Because you used so much of my chakra, even I can't heel this. I'm sorry kit."
Naruto sighed. He knew he was probably going to die here, but he would be dammed if he let Madara see him waver. He refuses to give up. He Won't Give Madara the satisfaction of seeing him fall.

Naruto stood up on shaking legs. He bit his lip so hard from the pain he began to bleed.
"Everything you fight for is gone. Why do you still refuse to give up?"
The question came from Madara, in his usual uninterested tone.
"Because I NEVER go back on my word. I don't care if that makes me a fool!"
Naruto tried to straighten his posture, but his legs give out suddenly gave out from the pain.

His vision was blurry and his head was pounding. He was so tired, just, so tired.
Naruto felt someone pull him beside themselves. They were very warm. He  looked over to see one Madara Uchiha sitting sext to him. He wasn't doing anything, just sitting , and letting naruto keen on him.
"Why!?" Was all naruto could get out.
"Because, you are unlike anyone I've ever met. You have the power to destroy entire villages with ease. And yet, you fight for the people you love. I respect that. You were a worthy appointee."

Naruto chuckled at the small confession when he heard a all to familiar voice.
"Kit! I know a way to get you out of this. It's very risky though."
"What are you talking about? I'm dying aren't I? You said I was beyond repair."
"Well, it's a Jutsu the old sage taught me but I could never perfect it. It allows one to go back in time, but like I said it's not perfect so I don't know how far back in time."

Naruto thought about it. If he did this it would be a way for him to go back. A way to fix everything.
"Fine, perform the jutsu. I'll see you when I wake up I guess."
"Ok. See ya kit."
As he dies, kurama performs the jutsu. A bright flash of light envelops the battlefield and he was gone.

✨to be continued✨