Chapter 3

Naruto pov:

I freeze.

("My name is Izuna Uchiha.")
That's what he said. I run through the sentence over and over. Making sure I heard correctly. But there was no mistake. He had said it. I try to calm my mind.
I look up at him with calm eyes. He had asked me my name. And I feel numb as I respond.
"My name is Naruto Uzumaki." I'm still in shock so in my attempt to keep my voice calm, my voice came out flat and mechanical.
The boy slightly narrowed his eyes at me. Then the sound of the door opening caught our attention. We both turn to see someone at the door. Someone who I hoped to never see again.
Madara Uchiha.

Izuna pov:
I turned to see ani (older brother) standing in the doorway. He looked sort of upset so I assume his sparing session was uneventful.
"Hi, ani. I didn't expect you back so early."
I smile at him as I greet him. He doesn't address my comment but turns his head to look at Naruto.
As I turn to look at Naruto, I realize he seems to be frozen in...fear? His body seems stiff as a board, and his eyes are unreadable. I was confused as to why he would react that way to seeing ani as the Uzumaki and the Uchiha are not enemies.
"I see your tenet is awake. Has he spoken yet?"
Ani asked in his normal blank tone, but I could hear the twinge of annoyance in his voice. I turn to face him with a small pout on my face.
"Oh come on ani. He hasn't done anything. Plus, he needed help."

Ani scoffed.
"Hasn't done anything? He could be an enemy ninja! Plus, he's been siphoning chakra from the people around him since he got here!"

Naruto pov:

I look down. My hands are shaking.
I try to calm myself. I lift my eyes to look at him. He looks younger. Maybe about 17-19 yours old. Though the features of his face were softer he still looked handsome. he had on a black turtleneck, ninja pants, and his customary long dark hair is in a ponytail.

 he had on a black turtleneck, ninja pants, and his customary long dark hair is in a ponytail

My eyes travel to his and suddenly I realize he's looking right at me. Those deep obsidian eyes seeing right through me.
Then I remember what he said.
("he's been siphoning chakra from the people around him since he got here!")
I only then notice the warm feeling I felt wasn't from the quiet they gave me, but from the constant flow of chakra, I was unintentionally pulling from everything around me. I stop my pull and suddenly feel chilly.

I lift my eyes to once again see both of the brothers looking at me. I feel awkward so I decided it is best to try and leave as soon as possible. So with much difficulty, I get up from the small bed on my feet.
"I'm sorry for the inconvenience. If you point me to the nearest exit I can find my way out."
At my words, both boys seem instantly tense which confuses me.
Suddenly Madara walked over to me. Stopping about a foot away from me and crossing his arms. He is a couple of inches taller than me. I back away until my back hits the wall.
"You're not going anywhere until I get some answers. Your injuries indicate you were in a battle so you must be a ninja. "
Madara's voice was cold and finite. I didn't reply. I just stained my posture as best I could and stood my ground. Looking the raven-haired man directly in the eyes.

His only reaction has a slight lift of an eyebrow. "Don't you know? The worst thing to do when facing an Uchiha, is to look them in the eye."
At Madara's words, I see his dark eyes begin to glow and shift into the familiar crimson red mangekyo sharingan. I did not waver.
His eyebrow rose higher and I could feel him try to put a medium genjutsu on me but I broke it instantly. He narrowed his eyes slightly and tried a more powerful gensutsu. That one was also unsuccessful as I flared a bit of my chakra to break it. He sighed and closed his eyes but didn't step back.

✨to be continued✨

Btw: I was using the actual Japanese word for big brother (ani) and little brother (otouto) in this story. If I got those words wrong please tell me, but I tried to use the words for family members not just people you can brother.