𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐳𝐨𝐮 ; now i'm left with ahses

꒰⚘݄꒱₊__________ [ angst ] x [ gender neutral ]
________ [ modern au ]

꒰⚘݄꒱₊__________ [ angst ] x [ gender neutral ]________ [ modern au ]

ɪ'ʟʟ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴀɴᴅ
ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅɪɴɴᴇʀ,
ɪ ᴘʀᴏᴍɪꜱᴇ

🎐

heizou always came back home for dinner.

usually, you were the one who made dinner while he worked long hours. he was the captain of his detective agency, and sometimes he goes to make arrests, and always tells you he "chase bad guys".

you always loved hearing him talk about his work, although you never told him that you were always worried that one day he would get shot. today as he sat down at the dining table and took off his blazer, he huffed in tiredness and you told him how you felt about his safety.

"you know what you lack darling?" he asked in a sweet tone, and you smiled while rolling your eyes as you brought his dinner plate to him.

"i lack confidence in you?"

"ex-catly," he snapped his finger at you and laughed a little while you took a seat opposite him. "but y/n, you also lack trust in me. ive been working this line of work for almost 10 years now, and how many times have i been sent to the hospital?"

you chuckled. "my, i dont know dear. maybe about the amount of times arguments start on twitter. a lot."

heizou gave you a little side smile and leaned forward to kiss your nose. he leaned back in his chair and started to eat the food you made. "come on, have some faith."

"even your child is worried for you. you can worry me but how could you worry our dearest little girl?" you asked quizzingly and smiled sheepishly. heizou swallowed his food and nervously scratched the back of his head.

"i think shes gonna grow up to be just like her dad."

"yeah, she thinks shes a ninja."

"y/n darling, our baby is a ninja."

just then, a paper ninja star was flung across you, and it landed into the wet sink. you turned your head and noticed your daughter, sayu, peeping from behind the wall still in her pajamas. she dragged her little finger along the wall slightly and shuffled slightly out to view.

"sayu i thought you were asleep already."

"i was waiting for dad," sayu said shyly and looked over at her father. "i want story time..."

you looked over at heizou who was busy picking up her fallen ninja star from the sink. he walked over to the little girl and handed it back to her with a happy smile. he pinched her cheeks. "did you make this?"