The Golden Sky

Being I arrived right before a war, one of the first things I learned at Camp was battle tactics. They're essential to every demigod, whether in a full fledged battle or a one on one. As a child of Athena, it was even more crucial to know different strategies. One of the strategies I read was about wolves. They go after the weak and the vulnerable prey instead of having to attack the entire herd and possibly get hurt or even killed.

Which was why it didn't entirely surprise me when the monsters went for the separate and less defended groups of Roman demigods.

The thing that did surprise me however, was the giant grey dragon that flew in.

It was large, thick scaled and the size of a small airplane. It was holding something in its claws-no. Someone. I nearly dropped my bow in shock when I realised it was Annabeth and... was that Percy? Behind the dragon came another figure. Two people. One with a purple shirt and another with an orange one. Only the son of Jupiter had that kind of power over the skies. They landed and joined right in the fray, the dragon shrinking and shifting to a person. 

Reyna landed her pegasus and shouted orders through the Roman ranks along with the boy who had been a dragon. I watched as arrows lit on fire and shields locked together in a perfect formation. The Romans advanced on the monsters, spears over the shield line, ready to impale anything that dared challenge them. 

Percy turned to the army of assembled Greeks and yelled, "Greeks! Let's um... fight stuff!" 

Yeah. That was Percy. 

I couldn't help the smile on my face as the campers around me erupted with a banshee scream. I joined in, my bow raised high. 

I released the arrow and watched as it exploded into a cloud of sulforus smoke. The monters stopped to gag and catch their breath. I shot a Hydra arrow which exploded into multiple arrowheads at the monsters. Some fell to the ground, injured. Others dissolved into golden dust. 

The Roman beside me moved forward and stabbed all the down monsters. A centaur came behind him. It was a strange thing to see a centaur on the other side of a battle after last year. But this wasn't the Party Ponies who got drunk on root beer and knocked each other unconsciou with headbutts. This one was yelling for blood, which was the perfect motivation to send an arrow down his throat. 

"Thanks," the Roman said, panting. 

I kicked at a dog man and slashed his throat. "No problem." 

The Roman stabbed his sword at a small, pudgy baby who had green skin (for some reason) that disappeared into wheat. "I've never seen a bow like that," he continued. 

I shot an arrow and a row of dirt crusted zombies lit on fire. "Made it myself," I told him. 

"Impressive," he said. He rolled out of the way of a passing centaur and thrust his sword into its flank. "I'm Ty." 

"Elizabeth." I shot another arrow and another line of zombies explodes. Dirt chunks flew all over, including into a centaur's eyes. Ty was able to slice the centaur in half because of that distraction. A grain baby thing ran forward and I stabbed it in it's ugly little head. It cried then disappeared into a puff of barley. 

I turned and slashed out at a dog man that got too close. It blocked the strike and leaned forward with its giant fangs. I backed up and kicked him in the stomach. He staggered back a little and I slashed again at its midsection. It injured the monster, but it didn't disintegrate. I grabbed an arrow and it dissolved into golden dust from the Celestial bronze. 

The ground suddenly became water under my feet. It was hard to walk, even pick up my feet. It started to rise, covering my shoes and ankles. It was a slight comfort that the monsters were effected as well. Centaurs slipped and landed on their faces. Ogres stumbled and landed in the convenient path of Roman spears.