The New Arrivals

Waiting wasn't exactly my strong suit. Maybe it was my ADHD, my overthinking, I don't know. I just know that if I waited too long, I got anxious, then I got fidgety, then I started overthinking, then I had to do something-

Point is that I don't like waiting. 

This was no different. Cecil hadn't turned up after a month. Connor had started looking over his shoulder, searching every cabin and calling every contact that he had. That was around the time that Ellis Wakefield had disappeared as well. Then, about a week later, Miranda Gardner up and vanished. That's when we knew it was real. Miranda would never just leave without telling someone. 

Chiron wanted to find them, but at the same time didn't want to send out any search parties since communications had completely failed at this point. 

I released my arrow and it hit the centre circle. A thousand things were going through my head. So much had happened in such little time. Just a month ago I was so happy, not content but happy enough that the nightmares didn't seem so bad. 

"Do you think Miranda's okay?" Charlie asked. 

"I think so," I told her. "She's a tough girl and a counsellor for a reason. I'm sure she'll be alright." To be honest, I was freaking out a little about the three missing demigods. Even Ellis. He was a dick, sure but I didn't want him to die. 

Will looked over from the safety line. He nodded and sent me a reassuring smile. I nodded back. 

Damien White ran into the archery range. He was a son of Nemesis with a crop of balck hair and dark brown eyes. He spoke quickly to Will who followed Damien out of the arcehry range. I looked over at Malcolm. He nodded. I smiled and followed them. Damien led Will over to the amphitheatre. There was a crowd of demigods surrounding something. Damien pushed people aside to let Will through. I followed inside before the crowd closed in again. 

Connor Stoll was holding his one eye and Sherman Yang was on the ground, groaning in pain. 

Standing before them with an evil glare was a short girl a with dark pageboy haircut, she wore cat eye glasses with small diamonds in them a green dress, yellow leggings and red sneakers. She stood with her feet planted, fists clenched and eyes narrowed into a glare. She was standing in front of a boy on the ground. He had curly brown hair, pimples and a Led Zepplin t-shirt. 

"I said stay back," the girl declared. "I want a healer." 

"I'm a healer," Will said, stepping forward. "I'm Will, a son of Apollo. If you're hurt, I can help you." 

The girl's eyes turned to Will. She seemed to be scanning him. "I'm fine," she said. "But your dad needs help." 

Will tensed. He hadn't heard anything from his dad after the Giant War. The power of prophecy wasn't working either. "How do you know that?" Will asked. 

The girl looked at the boy on the ground. "He got run through by some blobs," she explained. 

I felt my eyes go between the boy on the ground and the girl. 

"What does he have to do-" 

"Are you saying that the boy behind you is Apollo?" I interrupted Aiden. 

The girl turned to me. "Well duh," she said. "Now are you going to help him or not?" 

Will came forward and knelt next to the boy behind the girl. Will felt his pulse then his forehead. "He's exhausted and overheated," He diagnosed. "We gotta get him to Cabin Seven. I have more supplies there. Liz?" 

I stepped forward and slung the boy's arm over my shoulder. Will took the other arm. I scanned the boy's face. He did not look like the Apollo I remember. He was a surfer dude with golden blond hair, tanned skin, and muscles. This boy looked like a usual teenager with acne and curls and fat on his stomach. Nico, who I didn't know was there before, did crowd control allowing me and Will to get  to Cabin Seven.