Chapter 16

Chapter 16

I dedicate this chapter to everyone that was all alone until they met their second family, a circle na you were never felt left out, a group na lagi kang sasamahan through your ups and downs.

My younger years was like Diell, all alone until I met my decade long best friends, magkakasama kami ng elementary until high school but we went in our own paths now that we're in college. I miss them a lot, hopefully we can have some fun again really soon.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I woke up at 3am because Jun was snoring a lot, tapos si Cain nawala rin sa kama. Bakit ba ang ingay ng hilik mo Jun. Lumabas na lang ako when I saw Cain drinking coffee outside, all alone.

It looks scary outside dahil walang masyadong ilaw and there are eerie sounds everywhere but Cain's unfazed.

Tinabihan ko ang lalaki at agad naman itong nagulat sa presensya ko. We talked about ourselves for the next hours and it was quite fun talking with someone that I labeled "evil". I never felt loneliness in this guy's company, nakakatuwa ang bawat kwento kahit hindi halata sa itsura niya na marami pala siyang masasabi.

This guy can be called a bad guy just by his looks, always giving evil stares sa bawat nadadaanan niyang tao. Kahit naiinis ako sa kanya dati, well props for him because he never gave up to earn my respect.

Others woke up and started making breakfast but the two of us were walking around while taking a lot of photos. I wonder if Jun's still sleeping...... and snoring. Cain went to the comfort room and Nyx backhugged me as a surprise. Kinurot ko pisngi niya bago siya umalis to eat breakfast, I saw Luna from a distance... eating while staring at me.

From our past years she's always like that kaya pag ginagawa niya yon feeling ko ang cute niya.... until now but I already abandoned my feelings as she pushed me away before. Mabuti nga at hindi awkward ang interactions ko with her, I guess being childhood friends has an advantage.

Biglang umulan kaya lahat sila ang pumasok sa mga cottage to rest and get some shade. Daphne found me in my room, lying down.

"Hoy hinahanap ka ni Nyx, she has something to say..... pero pag nakauwi na raw tayong lahat."

Natulala ako sa sinabi niya when Nyx even smiled at me earlier, perhaps she's hiding something but I hope that she can open it up to me really soon. Bumalik na rin si Cain at Jun sa kwarto para magpahinga, inutusan pala sila kumuha ng mga kahoy for another campfire mamayang gabi. Pinatulog ko muna ang dalawa.... mukang pagod na pagod eh, kukuhanan ko na lang sila ng pagkain mamayang lunch if tulog pa sila ng oras na yon.

Life gave me a reason to accept someone like Cain, oo I hated him but that was in the past. We're so close now. Just like brothers. I still treat him like a rival sa school but we go to each other pag dismissed na ang klase. Jun's probably thinking how weird we are.

Nakakabigla rin na naging close sila Daph, Nyx, at Luna just days before this trip. May gc na nga yung tatlo meanwhile the three of us haven't made one yet, Luna and Nyx doesn't need to be alone now. They met new people like us and having fun whenever they need to.

I never experienced friendship like this from my younger years aside from Jae and Brian. My recent classmates, tsaka lang kasi sila lumalapit pag may kailangan and kapag wala na. They will abandon me kaya when every school year ends, I unfriend all of them and transfer school.

Being intelligent sometimes won't get you anywhere but always in trouble, especially when you're with the arrogant people. I was bullied before and I have trauma if someone attacks me even if that's a joke, I'm grateful for Jae and Brian because they saved me.

Pauwi ako mag-isa when those bullies blocked me in my way and started to throw punches to the point na dumudura na ko ng dugo, one of them brought out a cutter until two guys came in to protect me. Both of them knows how to fight and they're so scary while beating up the bullies. Brian brushes off his hair after the fight, meanwhile Jae quickly came and checked me if okay ako.

Thinking of that day always put me in nostalgia, I met my closest friends when I was one stab away to meet death. Our bond became strong as time passed, just like when I'm with my classmates like Nyx, Daphne, Jun, Luna, and Cain. 

Ilang oras ko rin inisip ang mga nagdaang alaala kasama ang mga kaibigan ko, my second family.

Tumila ang ulan kaya lumabas kami at nasalubong namin sila Nyx kaya sabay sabay na kaming kumain. We shared stories as we eat, getting to know each other's life and our reasons why we live. Our day went like that, bukas pa naman raw kami pupunta ng art museum so we used this chance to have fun and to know each other. Nyx was beside the whole time and she's whispering "I love you" to me pag nakakakita siya ng chance to say it. Luna's smiling and laughing, an image of her na minsan mo lang makikita.

All of us conveyed a specific emotion, a sensation that can be seen everytime but the genuine version of it is so rare to feel and experience, and that emotion is called "Happiness".

Everyone was alone before until someone extends their hand on you, until that "I" becomes a "We", until you have someone or somebody that will run with you through rain and fire, a companion that's going to be patient when you're having a hard time with life.

Heartfelt moments come rarely so treasure every moments with your loved ones, while you can still talk and hug them, while you can still express that you love them with all of your heart.