Spending Too Much Time

I tried not to think too much about it. All day yesterday I kept telling myself that he fell asleep on the couch by accident. But I woke up this morning and he wasn't there again. Last night I told him I was going to bed and he just gave me a nod and continued to watch tv. Yesterday morning I tried asking him if he was ok but he just gave me a short answer and said 'Yeah'. Something's definitely wrong, we barely talked to each other all day. There were no kisses or hugs, it felt like we were strangers in the same house. I absolutely hated it and I'm not going through today the same way. I get out of bed to go take a shower and get dressed. Once I'm done I head to the kitchen and see Jungkook sitting at the table eating a bagel.

"Good morning Jungkook." I put on a fake smile. He doesn't look up at me and just hums at my presence. I sigh and go to grab some yogurt. I grab and spoon and sit down at the table. Once I sit down Jungkook gets up and goes to the living room. Ok, he's definitely avoiding me now. I must have done something to make him mad at me right? I finish my yogurt and go to the living room where Jungkook still is. I grab the remote and pause the tv.

"Jungkook, can we talk?" When I ask that he finally makes eye contact with me.

"About what?"

"You have slept on the couch for the past two days and you're ignoring me." Jungkook rolls his eyes.

"Well you have been neglecting me." I've been neglecting him? What is he talking about?

"What do you mean?"

"Nevermind Y/n." He grumbles.

"No, I want to talk about this."

"There's nothing to talk about, why don't you hang out with Yoongi like you usually do." Why is he bringing up Yoongi?

"Why are you suddenly telling me to go to Yoongi?" I ask confused. "He has nothing to do with our conversation."

"Yoongi has everything to do with it!" He stands up and snaps at me making me jump in my skin.

"What are you talking about?"

"Ever since you met Yoongi again you have been more affectionate towards him and spending more time with him."

"That's not tru-"

"Yes, it is! This past week you've been with Yoongi at his studio and when you come back all you do is talk about him! I stopped going with you because it felt like I wasn't even there. Then you forgot that I made dinner for us a couple of days ago and you stayed out with him."

"I said I was sorry about that..."

"That's not the point. You're spending too much time with Yoongi. I'm your mate, not him!" I... I just got Yoongi back. After all these years... And- and he's getting mad at me for wanting to spend time with him?

"You have no right to tell me how I should spend my time! I told you how important Yoongi is to me." I glare at him.

"Is he more important than your own mate?! It seems that way to me. I feel like I'm third-wheeling every time he's with us! It's like you don't care about me at all!" How could he say that? I can feel my eyes start to water but I hold them back.

"Of course I care about you! I accepted you, didn't I? But you need to understand that Yoongi will always be in my life. The fact that your even questioning how much you mean to me hurts."

"Then why don't you go cry to Yoongi about it." He grumbles that out and turns his back to me. I feel like my heart just shattered. I need to get out of the house. I don't say anything, slip some shoes on and leave. I just start walking not caring where I was going. I let my tears fall as I keep walking. Eventually I get tired and sit on a bench at the park. I try to wipe my tears away but they keep falling down. My emotions are everywhere, I don't want to go back home. I honestly don't want to see him right now. It's not even noon yet, where should I go? I didn't grab my purse I just wanted to leave as soon as possible. Wait... Do I have my phone? I check my sweatpants and my phone was in my right pocket. Thank god. I unlock my phone and call Jess. She answered immediately, good thing our bakery is closed today.