23 | Umber

"Y/N, are you ready to go?" Phoebe asks as she takes a break from looking at herself in the mirror

"Yeah, guess so," you smile back as you wipe your nose clean from the powder you had just sniffed.

"You're not too high, right? I can't have you tossing in the Lyft and causing me a hundred. Not after I bought you that fucking nose candy," she grins.

"I'll be fine," you assure her as you hop off your bed.

"Well okay then," she shrugs. "Let's get going. Kenj, you ready?"

"You know it," he replies with a smile just like yours. He follows your lead, jumping off the bed and following Phoebe toward the door.

Not even twenty minutes later, the three of you arrive at the club nearly everybody you know goes to. A club just as famous as The Jukebox.

Right away, the three of you gravitate toward the bar and buy yourselves some drinks.

"Oh, yuck," Kenji groans as he looks behind you. "Don't turn around, Y/N."

"And whatever you do, don't talk to him!" Phoebe whispers sternly just before you're tapped on the shoulder. You eye your friends nervously before looking around and seeing your ex-boyfriend standing right over you.

"What is it, Caden?" you ask, too high to deal with his bullshit.

"Is that really how you're going to greet me?" he asks, putting his finger under your chin and lifting it slightly.

"Don't fucking touch me," you spit as you slap his hand off of you.

"Not to interrupt or anything," Phoebe speaks up from behind you, taking your side, "but don't you have a girlfriend, Caden?"

"Had one," he corrects her, smirking proudly that she can't hold that over him. "We broke up."

"Oh no. Did she realize how much of a prick you are?" Kenji adds.

"You two mind if I have a minute with Y/N? I just want to talk to her for a bit," he then asks your two friends.

"Well actually we were here first..." Phoebe shrugs. "So, yeah, we mind."

"Then Y/N," he continues, looking back at you, "can I borrow you for a minute?"

"Don't fucking go!" Kenji whispers in your ear.

"I'll be fine," you tell your two friends. "I'll be right back, okay? If you move can you text me?"

"We will," Phoebe nods. "Be careful."

"I will," you tell her as you stand up and walk off with Caden as he leads you toward the center of the club.

"Will you dance with me?" he asks, leaning in close to your ear so you can hear him. "It'll look weird if you don't. I'm not going to hurt you, you know."

"I know that," you snap as you begin to sway your hips.

"Such a smart girl," he whispers again as he gently places his hands on your hips. "Don't make this weird, okay?"

"Maybe you should tell yourself that."

"You've got such a fucking mouth on you, Y/N. You still that mad at me? Is that why you asked your friend to fuck my girlfriend?" he accuses you seriously.

"What the hell," you scoff, attempting to push away from him only to be pulled even closer.

"Don't make a scene, love. Just tell me the fucking truth. Do you miss this?"

"I-" you begin, wishing you could automatically say no. However, being with Caden for those few months was the longest relationship you had ever been in. It was a rollercoaster and damn was it addicting as hell. "I'm not going to fuck you, so don't even try."

"That wasn't my question at all, Y/N," he smirks. He could always see right through you so easily. It was so damn annoying.

Caden lifts one of his hands up to your cheek and rubs his thumb gently against your skin. "I still think about you a lot, y'know. I did care about you despite what you think."

"I think you left me the second you found something different," you reply, the venom in your voice beginning to fade.

"Still haven't found a better kisser than you," he smiles. As if that's going to make you feel any better!

"Cause you always go for the wrong girls, I guess," you scoff.

"You weren't the wrong girl," he answers right away, shaking his head. "Y/N, can I-" he begins. However, he can't quite finish what he's about to ask before you're grabbing him by his shirt and pulling him into a searing kiss.

Before you realize what you've done, you wrap your arms around his neck and pull him close to you. It nearly makes you want to cry. The thought of kissing that asshole again. After everything that happened between the two of you, here you are. Back with him again.

And when you do realize what you've done, you quickly pull away and push on his chest to get yourself away. "You're a fucking dick, you know that? If you knew she was hooking up with Bokuto, why did you keep her around? Were you cheating on her, too? Did you do that when we-"

"Calm down," he interrupts you, respecting your decision to back away. "I didn't know until she fucking told me that she was ending things with me. And I never did that with you. You're right, I was a dick, but that's because I didn't realize shit earlier. I didn't realize that I was in love with you... that I still am."

"I'm sorry," you shake your head as you reach your hand to touch your overheating forehead. You've got a killer headache. The crash from that high before is starting to kick in. "I'm too fucking high for this. I can't do this right now... I gotta find Phoebe."

You stumble across the club looking for your friends. Your head spins and your eyes are so dry you need to keep blinking constantly.

It takes a good five minutes, but you eventually make it back to where you had left the two of them.

"Hey! Y/N! Are you okay?" Phoebe hugs you when she sees you approaching them.

"I'm gonna fucking puke," you groan as you slap your hand over your mouth.

"Bathroom! Now!" she gasps as she stands up and wraps her arms around you. "C'mon. Let's go!"