xxix. captured

                       *A REPORT*

Due to a change of plans, Nat and the others stood silent in the large aircraft.

They wondered what they would find once they entered the red room.

Was Alia even alive, at this point? No—they refused to think of her being dead.

Was she in pain?

Each and every one of the boys knew they had a lot to talk about—Once Alia was safe and sound, of course.

Suddenly Nat stood up and faced the team with Yelena by her side.

"I gotta admit—this is a fucked up plan. But it'll have to work."

Yelena's eyes swung to rest on Owen.

"It better work. If this goes south—I'm blaming you."

ALIA'S POV
RUSSIA

I was sitting up—somewhere in the infirmary.

My entire body was aching.

But the pain was starting to lessen and numb enough where I could move without wincing. I was damning Dreykov to the fiery pits of hell the entire time the doctor was digging the infection from my back.

It wasn't the worst pain I've ever felt...but it was close.

"Приходить." Come.

The Woman in the brown coat was my constant companion after the doctor a xouple days ago. She stood on her feet and unlocked the heavy chains around my wrists before unchaining my feet.

She watched me closely as I pushed myself off the bed and stood on my feet, refusing to waver as I felt my feet tremble beneath me.

I hadn't stood on my own two feet in days.

I wondered how long I had been here.

I followed after her wordlessly down the halls of the red room, passing the studio room where my fellow peers waited inside, until we stopped in front of Dreykov's office.

Ignoring the shiver of unease racing down my spine, I entered the office.

"Алианова! Заходите! Заходите!" Alianova! Come in! Come in!

Feeling the hot, sticky blood soaking through my white leotard, I followed after the women in the brown coat before stopping dead in my tracks, showing a rare showcase of shock and horror.

I couldn't even hide it.

"Ваши друзья?" Friends of yours?

North's yells were muffled by the gag in his mouth as he sat tied down to a chair in front of Madam B and Dreykov.