Sunshine

Okay so I think Devon calls Jake sunshine from the song "you are my sunshine" because his mom used to tell him to call the people he loves sunshine.
-this is a little over a month sense the last chapter-
POV:Devon
Me and Jake haven't been hanging out as much. I get why testing is coming up and him and Lexi take it at a Different time seeming how they are ahead of the school and they don't wanna skip grades again. But he's my boyfriend and I wanna kiss him more or just be around him. 

-Text-

DE:Jake are you free??
-𝑺𝒆𝒏𝒕 10:30-
-𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅 11:50-
JA:Fuck sorry for not responding um I'm not sorry.
DE:I wanna hang out I fucking miss you.
-𝒔𝒆𝒏𝒕 11:50-
-𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅 12:40-
-out of text-
Jake had been like this for so long.hes obsessed with good grades. Like he loves them more then me and we've been dating for almost a year.
-2 hours later:2:20(it's a 3 day weekend)-

I was Finally almost done with this painting for a therapy it was "things that me you what to be heathy"  it was our group in the back then Jake at the front. Then I hear a knock at my window.
De:Jake want are you doing here??
JA:you wanted to see me right??
I smiled and kissed him. And then we sat on my bed to cuddle but we ended up fallinf asleep.

-morning-

JA:Dev...
DE:hm?
JA:I'm sorry
DE:For what?
JA:iv kinda been distant because of testing. I understand that you can. I need communication in a relationship. you like to be talked to and I wasn't giving that. I should have texted sooner and stuff. I should've come over and stop studying.
DE: what? No it's OK I understand that you like good grade  understand that this test is important.. you don't need to apologize for wanting to go for something you like! If anything, I should've understood that. I should be the one apologizing that you.
JA: no, no no I'm the one that should be saying sorry you are the best person ever and I don't need you thinking that you should apologize for wanting me to talk to you! I'm your boyfriend I'm supposed to know that.

I set up and give Jake a kiss. God I'm such a good boyfriend. I'm happy that he understands me and we don't have to get into another stupid fight! I'm glad we're doing better and I'm glad that he listen to me and I'm glad that the fight worked out I guess. Although I'm not happy that they even happened in the first place... I'm just happy we're OK again! I'm happy that spring break is coming up but I'm happy I think I'm just happy!

JA: that is such a good painting!!!

Jake stands up and walks towards my little painting. He stares at it for a minute and then that's a little confused.

JA: therapy?
DE: yeah, it's supposed to be what makes me wanna be healthy. It's our little group... are you in front obviously and then Lexi and then Oliver and Junior next Alexis.. it's supposed to look like we're taking a photo but I'm not in it.
JA: I think you should be in it. You're supposed to be getting healthy for you not for all of us.

I wrap my arms around Jake and hug him. We stay like this for long as possible. We like hugs at least I do I like how they feel. I like how it's warm.. I think my stomach is warm inside, and I hug him. It makes me feel like I'm in the cloud.

DE: OK sunshine we had to get breakfast . What are you what I was thinking something for my meal planner but I don't know.
JA: I don't know whatever you want. I'm not really picky eater you know!

After getting downstairs, it takes me a few minutes to get to the breakfast page. A big part of the beginning of the book is my understanding what to do and how to work the meal planner. Since I'm a month and I'm pretty good at checking when I'm eating. But when I don't feel like eating or I don't want to eat, or I feel bad about eating, I look at the meal planner and follow the meals that are planned out for the day. Today for breakfast is yogurt and bananas with pancakes or waffles!