8

14 century - Italy

"Goodbye"

The room was quiet except for the rhythmic beeping of her heart. Lillian sat on her knees beside Elijahs bed, holding his hand tightly. His face was pale, and he was breathing heavily, still struggling with the spell.

Lillian had a faint smile on her lips, but her tears started to steam down her face. She knew that she had done what needed to be done, even if it cost her a great pain.

She looked at him with tears in her eyes, knowing that this might be the last time she would see him. Her mind was filled with memories of their time together.

She leaned closer to him and whispered, "I love you so much, my darling. You have been the best thing that ever happened to me. You made my life beautiful, and I am grateful for every moment we spent together."

She paused to wipe her tears and took a deep breath before continuing. „I know it's time for me to go, and I will miss you terribly. But I promise to be strong for you. I will never forget you, and you will always be in my heart."

Elijahs breathing slowed down, and she knew that he was beginning to clam down. She kissed his forehead and whispered, "It's okay, my love. Maybe we will meet again. When we see each other again and I tell you that I love you please remember our time together. I hope with all my heart that fate will lead us to each other again.

She stayed by his side for a few more minutes, holding his hand and saying her final goodbye. Then, she stood up, walked out of the room, Lillian felt again, tears streaming down her face. She couldn't imagine a life without Elijah, and the thought of leaving him alone, filled her with a sense of hopelessness.

But she had to leave him, but as she walked out of the mansion a sense of dread filled her. Leaving Elijah behind felt like the hardest thing she had ever done, but she had to be strong for him, even if it broke her heart. So she took a deep breath, wiped away her tears and walked away. They hadn't been together for more than a century, but in that time, they had become each other's best friend, confidant, and soulmates.

---------------------

"Grief"

The wind howled and the rain poured down as the lone figure of Lillian stood in the middle of the field, her arms outstretched to the sky. The woman, her face wet with tears, cried out to the heavens.

Her once vibrant and flowing hair now dulled and lifeless. She clutches her chest, gasping for air as tears stream down her face, as she realised that she never could go back to him.

"Why did i have to leave you, Elijah? Why?" she sobs, collapsing to the ground.

As she cries, the wind around her picks up, swirling leaves and branches in a frenzied dance. Lightning crackles overhead, and thunder rumbles through the sky.

The animals of the forest come to her, sensing her pain. Deer nuzzles against her, and birds perch on her shoulders, cooing softly. But she pays them no mind, lost in her grief.

Suddenly, the ground beneath her feet rumbles, and a great fissure split open. Flames burst forth, scorching the earth and filling the air with the stench of sulpfur.

She screams in agony, the pain of her loss amplified a thousandfold. She calls out to the heavens, demanding to know why God couldn't let her be happy.

"Why, God?" she screamed, her voice barely audible over the storm.

She collapsed to her knees, her hands digging into the muddy ground. Lightning flashed overhead, illuminating her face in a brief burst of light. Her hair whipped around her face in the wind, and her sobs echoed across the field.

"I've tried so hard," she cried. "I've done everything to be good, to be kind, to be deserving. But it's never enough, is it? You always find a way to take it all away from me."

Thunder rumbled in response, as if the sky itself was answering her pleas.

The woman looked up, her eyes pleading. "It's not Fair," she whispered. "It's not fair" she screams out now towards the dark sky.

But the storm continued unabated, and no answer came. The woman collapsed onto her side, her tears mixing with the rain and mud. She lay there for what felt like hours, lost in her grief and confusion.

Finally, the storm began to subside, the rain easing to a gentle drizzle. The woman lay there, exhausted and empty, until she felt a hand on her shoulder.

She looked up to see a stranger standing over her, an older woman with kind eyes and a gentle smile.

"It's going to be okay," the stranger said, her voice soft and soothing. "You're not alone. You never have been."

Lillian didn't know what to say. She simply lay there, her body wracked with sobs, as the stranger sat down beside her and wrapped her in a warm embrace.

And for the first time in a long time, Lillian felt a glimmer of hope. Maybe there was a reason for all of this. Maybe there was a purpose to her pain. Maybe, just maybe, she wasn't alone after all.