21

20 century - Mystic Falls

Elijah sat in his bedroom , a stack of letters in front of him. Letters that his soulmate had written to him over the years they had been apart. He never knew that she had written to him.

He was scared to read them, but Elijah knew that it was time. He had to know what she had written, what she had said to him all those years ago.

He opened the first letter and started to read. It was dated from 7 centuries ago, the year she had to leave him. She wrote about how much she regretted it, how much she loved him, how much she wished that they could be together again.

Elijah felt a lump form in his throat as he read her words. He had never realized how much she had loved him, how much she had wanted to be with him.

He continued to read, letter after letter, year after year. She wrote about her life, about her struggles, about the things that made her happy. But through it all, she never stopped talking about him.

Elijah felt his heart breaking as he read the final letter. It was dated from a few months ago, and it was clear that she had written it knowing that he would hate her for what he did, if she told him.

In the letter, she told him how much she loved him, how much she had always loved him. She told him that she had never stopped thinking about him, even when they were apart.

Elijah felt tears streaming down his face as he finished the letter. He knew that he had made a mistake by letting her go, by not fighting harder to be with her.

But now, as he sat there surrounded by her words, he knew what he had to do. He had to find her, to tell her that he loved her too. He had to make things right.

Without hesitation, Elijah stood up and grabbed his coat. He knew that he might be too late, that she might already be gone. But he had to try.

As he left the Mansion and headed out into the world, Elijah felt a sense of hope. He knew that he had a second chance, a chance to be with the woman he loved more than anything else in the world. And this time, he wasn't going to let her go.