22

2023 - Italy

Elijah Mikaelson had travelled the world for years, searching for his lost soulmate. He had crossed oceans, climbed mountains, and fought countless battles, all in the hope of finding her again. And now, after all his years of searching, on the 18th, he had finally found her.

He stood on the balcony of his hotel room, overlooking the bustling city below. He had been drawn to this place by an unexplainable feeling, a sense that his soulmate was nearby. And then, as if by magic, he saw her.

She was walking down the street below, her hair blowing in the wind. Elijah recognized her immediately, despite the years that had passed since they had last seen each other. He felt his dead heart skip a beat as he watched her, unable to take his eyes off her.

He knew that he had to talk to her, to explain everything that had happened in the years since they had last been together. He rushed down to the street, pushing his way through the crowd of people until he was standing in front of her.

"Hello, my love," he said softly, taking her hand in his.

She looked up at him, her eyes wide with surprise. "Elijah," she said, her voice barely above a whisper. "I never thought I would see you again."

Elijah took a deep breath, trying to control the emotions that were threatening to overwhelm him. "I have searched for you for years," he said. "I have crossed oceans and climbed mountains, all in the hope of finding you again."

His soulmate looked at him, her eyes filled with tears. "I have missed you so much," she said, her voice shaking.

Elijah pulled her into his arms, holding her tight. "I will never leave you again," he whispered, his voice filled with emotion. "I will stay with you always and forever, my love."

They stood there for a long moment, holding each other, lost in the memories of their past. And as they stood there, Elijah knew that he had finally found what he had been searching for all these years - the one person who completed him, his lost soulmate.

"We'll survive you and I." - F. Scott Fitzgerald