Chapter VIII

Narrator's POV:

(Present)

"Who is this for?" Giyuu asked the Wind Pillar after opening the small gift.

Giyuu didn't really know who it was for. Of course, he knew it could've been him, but he wasn't sure what he and Sanemi were exactly... By the way, who would go buy a random diamond ring and give it to someone who had no idea what the relationship between them was?
Turns out, that person happened to be Sanemi.
"Someone special." Sanemi answered. He proceeded, saying, "I wanted to ask you something about this person. What I should do for them..."
'Why ask me?' Giyuu thought.
"Shinazugawa-San...are we even friends..?" Giyuu asked. He'd been wondering ever since they'd gone out together to that restaurant for Ohagi. How Sanemi took in his request, how he held hands with Giyuu on the way back.. How he blushed and turned a tad red every so often.

Sanemi's eyes shifted towards his right. "Can we be friends?..."
Giyuu wasn't sure if this was a dream or reality. He least expected that Sanemi Shinazugawa would ask him to be his friend. He thought that nobody would ask him to be his friend.
Then he smiled appreciatively. "Yeah...let's be friends."

As glad as Giyuu was, Sanemi on the other hand...he wanted to be more than friends. Though he knew Giyuu wasn't ready for a relationship. He knew that feelings shouldn't be rushed. So he decided to take it slow. He decided to give patience. He decided to wait. To wait for The Water Pillar, Tomioka Giyuu. He would wait forever.

"So..Shinazugawa-San-
"Just call me Sanemi." The Wind Hashira said. "We are friends, right?"
"Sorry.. So, Sanemi, what is this for?"
"As I mentioned, someone special. They're not ready yet though.."
"Who is it? Did they tell you that?"
"You'll find out who it is. It depends when they're ready. But no, they didn't tell me. I know."
"This person must be special enough for you to buy them a ring."
"Well, I found it on the ground." Sanemi admitted. Giyuu gently closed the box and handed it back to Sanemi.
"By the way," Sanemi continued, "What do you think I should do for them? Other than giving them this ring once they're ready?"
"What about some flowers..? And their favorite meal?" Giyuu suggested. To be honest, it was unusual and a bit weird for Sanemi to be acting like this. To be acting..friendly..

"Surprisingly, for you, that's a decent suggestion. I should probably eat lunch before it's too late.. What about you? Have you eaten anything?"
'No, not yet.. Do you want to eat out again?.."
Sanemi sighed, then responded, "You know, how come you, out of the both of us is the one who's asking to go out? It's unexpected.. But sure, why not?'

☆ <3 🍃🌊<3☆

Giyuu was busy changing into some new clothes as Sanemi were waiting outside for him. It was quite a shock to some people.. Witnessing these two together was surprising.

Again, someone else was running towards Sanemi & Giyuu on their second date- I mean "hangout.. Totally..."
"Oh Hello there Shinazugawa-San and Tomioka-San!" It was, of course, the Flame Hashira, Rengoku Kyojuro. "I was heading back here from a successful mission! It's a bit odd seeing you two hanging out with each other, but I'm happy for the both of you! Goodbye and have a nice day!"

After Rengoku had went off, Giyuu and Sanemi started walking again. The weather was nice as usual. The two pillars weren't having much of a conversation. It was silent between them..Until..
"Can we hold hands?" Giyuu asked. Sure, it was kind've an awkward question, but they'd done it a couple times already. So, for them, it was alright.
Sanemi accepted, grabbed his hand and Giyuu felt comforted. The scars on Sanemi's hand made it seem comforting for Giyuu. Giyuu knew that it was Sanemi by holding his hand. He could feel the warmth and especially the beautiful scars.

Once they reached the shop, the same one, they were happily greeted by the shop owners and were seated. Sanemi ordered for him and Tomioka as he did back then. Tomioka didn't even have to ask.
As they ate, Sanemi laid his eyes on Giyuu.
"Your hair still looks messy. You didn't brush it well, did you!?" Sanemi questioned, and the Water Hashira said,
"I didn't have enough time."

Sanemi smirked as Giyuu continued eating his Salmon Daikon. Besides, who cared about his hair? He still was attractive. I'm sure that you can agree. :)

After lunch, the two said goodbye to the shop owners and headed back. Sanemi walked Giyuu to his estate. Of course, as you may guess, they held hands the entire way.

Writer's Note ⬇️

So, I know I haven't written another chapter in a long time.. 😅 But thank you guys so much for the # of votes and views this story has! It means a lot to me! Anyways all hate comments are removed immediately so don't waste your boring life by typing in useless words and keep your opinions to yourself :)

Words You've Read: 863 Words

Bye 👋 <3