Chapter III

Narrator's POV:

Sanemi's fist stopped immediately at the second of when Giyuu called his name. With a furious reply, he questioned,

"WHAT DO YOU WANT TOMIOKA!? THIS GUY WAS CLEARY TRYING TO DO THAT WITH YOU, YOU IDIOT!"

"DO YOU THINK I DON'T KNOW THAT!? I clearly have way more important tasks to complete than go out with him! Yell all you want but there's somebody's life on the line here!" Giyuu said, while thinking that Sanemi wouldn't listen to him as usual, he was proven wrong.

Sanemi loosened his grasp, but threatened the other man if anything were to happen, he would never take another breath again.

After Sanemi *gently* suggested the man to sleep with one eye open, he headed onto the path leading into the forest. 

Tomioka was surprised, surprised that the other male actually listened to him for once. But knowing that the light blue eyed girl was still weeping on his shoulder, also knowing her sister was wounded, he and the girl heard a voice that the child found familiar.

"YUI-CHAN!" A nearby woman called. Her long white hair was dancing in the wind as she was running as quick as her feet carried her.

"Auntie!!" The girl said, hugging the woman.

"Please don't tell me you got lost again while playing outside, where's Yua-Chan!?"

"N-nee-San is badly hurt! The girl cried. Some monster hurt her!"

"Are you her guardian?" Giyuu questioned.

"Y-yes I am, I'm her aunt. W-what happened!? Did you have something to do with this!?"

"No, in fact I'm the one who's supposed to be hunting that monster right now.."

"YEAH! Exactly the reason why we're here! Now come on you airhead, I THOUGHT YOU SAID YOU HAD MORE IMPORTANT TASKS TO DO!??" Sanemi yelled, impatiently waiting for the Water Pillar.

"Are you two hunters or something similar?" The women asked, while hugging and comforting the young girl in her arms.

"Sure.. Giyuu said. Now I have to go." Then he dashed with Sanemi with an huge amount of unbelievably speed.

While the two Pillars speeded through the forest, which was deeply shaded of darkness, Sanemi asked out of nowhere,

"Why'd you have to wash our uniforms!? We could've really used them right now.."

"Well because they were filthy, also cause I didn't expect a demon to attack someone during the day.. Giyuu said. Though it looks like I can barely see any sunlight here, so I'm guessing this demon has the advantage."

Then they stopped in their tracks. A girl dressed in a light blue kimono was terribly injured. It must've been that girl's sister.

Giyuu was checking her heart, thankfully she was still alive. On the other hand, Sanemi was standing guard with his katana. There were so many questions, why didn't the demon finish the job? (Not that they want it to.) But it suddenly almost hit Giyuu. No, I mean seriously it did.

The demon launched at the Water Pillar, getting ready to sink it's teeth and claws into his flesh. But within a second, the demon was already decapitated with a swift movement of Giyuu's water breathing.

The demon was shocked, but laughing insanely, repeating the words,

"HAHAHAHAHAHA IT'S NOT OVER YET, IT'S NOT OVER-" Then the demon fully disappeared into dust.

Sanemi and Giyuu didn't know what it meant, but the girl instantly woke up, but was turned into a demon

Sanemi was planning on attacking the girl with no hesitation, but the girl was trying to land a ruthless punch into his ribs.