Chapter X

Narrator's POV:

Light peeked through the curtains and the young Wind Pillar awoke. Giyuu still held onto Sanemi, never seeming to let go.
Suddenly, someone knocked repeatedly on the front door.
"Shinazugawa?"
Sanemi groaned, pushing his face onto the soft and comforting pillow. Even though both wished they could, the two couldn't stay in this position forever. Sanemi should probably answer the door, knowing the possibility that Master could've informed something important—
"SHINAZUGAWA?"
Sh!t. Sanemi recognized that voice. The person at the door was no one other than Iguro Obani.
Giyuu slept peacefully, though Sanemi reluctantly placed Giyuu's hand off his shoulder, pulling him away, and closed the bedroom door.
Sanemi opened the front door, wishing that Iguro wouldn't stay long for once. . .
"What's wrong with you this morning." Obani asked.
"Couldn't sleep last night."
"Same..."
"Thinking about Kanroji—
"No.."
Sanemi rolled his eyes, everyone knew that Obani and Mitsuri both had feelings for the other, even Tokito, who forgot from time to time.
"Was that an eye roll?" Iguro questioned the Wind Hashira.
"I'm just saying, everybody knows. Even Giyuu, who can be oblivious sometimes.."
"Don't throw him into his conversation— Wait, Giyuu..?"
"What did you come here for?"
"Anyway, I just came to inform you something that Kanroji wished to ask you and that loner."
"Why couldn't she ask herself?—
"She had a mission." He proceeded, "By the way, I'm only asking you this because she asked you this."
"Go on."
Iguro sighed, "Are you and Tomioka dating?"
Sanemi was speechless, "I... No."

   Although Sanemi's heart belonged to the Water Hashira, the truth hurt that they weren't together.

"San—Shinazugawa." It was Giyuu, who noticed Iguro standing at the door. He already washed up and changed into his dried clothes. The long haired male tied up his brushed hair, while heading towards the front door.
"I'm leaving, thanks for letting me in."
Iguro moved as Giyuu walked past him.
"What the hell was that, Shinazuagwa..." Obani wondered, saying, "Did you two—
"What the f*ck— No. We didn't..."
"..."
"I'll be leaving now." Obani told the Wind Hashira.

Sanemi had no other idea other than go to Giyuu's door. He couldn't explain in words on how much he wanted to see the Water Pillar.
   His scarred hand knocked twice on Tomioka's front door, and the door opened, with the blue-eyed male clutching his valuable Haori. Giyuu gestured for Sanemi to enter the estate, soon sitting peacefully across from Sanemi, who later sat down as well.
   Giyuu slipped on the half and half haori, Sanemi's eyes observing the two different fabrics stitched together.
   "Giyuu, ever since we met, I wanted to ask. . ." Sanemi said.
   "About my haori?" Tomioka proposed, locking eyes with the other.

   Sanemi nodded in response.
   "The maroon fabric. . .is part of my older sister's kimono." Giyuu continued, "Besides the memories, this is all I have left of her."
   Sanemi's eyes shifted at the ground, wondering if he shouldn't have asked this question. Though Tomioka continued explaining,
   "The other half is part of my best friend, Sabito's yukata. . ." Giyuu's vision was slightly blurry, "He. .He didn't make it in The Final Selection."
   . .Giyuu's eyes fluttered, attempting to keep the tears out of his ocean blue eyes. Though a tear ran down his cheek anyway, and as the Water Pillar's skin brushed against Sanemi's hand, who wiped the tear. .

   Giyuu was pulled in close.

   But, Sanemi rested his head on Giyuu's shoulder. Giyuu wrapped his arms around the Wind Pillar, the two embraced. Giyuu Tomioka never expected to witness the scarred man so calm.
"Sanemi. . .do you need someone to talk to. .?" Giyuu asked gently, his pale hands playing with the soft, white hair of the Wind Hashira.
"Not right now, especially not after what you said, you idiot. ."
Giyuu breathed in deeply. He never told anyone about his background, yet he felt comfortable with Sanemi Shinazugawa. Giyuu's heart beat faster, Sanemi noticed the Water Pillar heating up,
"What the hell's wrong?" Sanemi asked.
Giyuu buried his head in the man's shoulder, calming down. He was still blushing, but at least his heart wasn't about to explode. Giyuu and Sanemi told the other of their backgrounds that day.
The two embraced each other the entire time. Giyuu teared up when thinking about their deaths, though instead of sobbing in his room alone, one embraced him. And Sanemi was frustrated that he couldn't protect his family, and acting like an a$$hole with his younger brother, and last. . .his grieving over Kanae's death. But, he finally found the one to calm him down.

☆ <3 🍃🌊<3☆

   After everything, silence drenched the room. Giyuu traced Sanemi's scars with one finger softly, soon intertwining his hand with the Wind Pillar's.
   "Sanemi. . .do you still love her?. . ." Giyuu asked.
   "I've learned to move on. . ." Sanemi answered, "I've found someone."
   Giyuu was silent. He knew Sanemi loved another, yet the same man had no hesitation to hug him, so the words slipped out of his mouth.

   "Sanemi. . .I love you."

⬇️ Writer's Note ⬇️

Yep, we're leaving this at a cliffhanger! ✨ Thanks for reading! Anyways, all hate comments aren't even gonna be read, so don't waste your boring life by typing in useless words and keep your opinions to yourself :)

Words You've Read: 882 Words

Bye! 👋 <3