Chapter XIII

Narrator's POV:

  The Wind Pillar collapsed.
   "Sanemi— Why didn't you go to the Butterfly Mansion!?" Giyuu faltered, he carried the scarred man.

   Giyuu knocked on the front door, desperate for an answer. He knocked louder, and the door was opened by the Insect Pillar.
   "Tomioka- San, why are you banging on the door—
   Her eyes examined Sanemi's wounds, "Hurry, get him inside." Although Shinobu was experienced, she had a sign of terror in her voice. She was clearly confident and skilled with her abilities, but she did know that not all patients could be saved. . .

   Shinobu called for more help. Sanemi coughed up more blood. Giyuu sat there, his hand shaking slightly, but intertwined with Sanemi's. He knew what could happen. He already knew how it felt. But he prayed not to let it happen again. Not again. Especially not to Sanemi Shinzugawa.

   Everyone was moving, it was so. . .blurry for Sanemi. He intended on knocking on Giyuu's door, not to go to the Butterfly Mansion. He knew the possibility of dying. He knocked on Tomioka's door, because he wanted the Water Pillar to be there, to be the last thing he ever sees, if he does receive that fate.

   "Poison. . It's poison."  Shinobu said, her voice breaking. She start to speak faster, "I've never seen this before— it has to have come from a demon."
(Author's Note: No, it's not from Gyutaro 👍)
   Fear settled in Giyuu's eyes. "Kocho-San. . .can you—
   "I'll. . .I'll try." She said.

   The young woman started to prepare a cure, scanning her shelves, determined. The other girls treated Sanemi's wounds.

   "Giyuu. ." Sanemi muttered.
   "Sanemi?. . ." Giyuu asked.
   The Wind Pillar gestured towards his pocket, and Giyuu reached into it. The Diamond Ring.
   "I'm sorry. . .I don't want to leave you either." Sanemi mumbled, his vision became even more blurry because of his tears, "I wanted to wait longer to give you it, but—
   "You're going to live, Sanemi." Giyuu teared up a bit.
   "To see your face is enough."

   Suddenly, a young girl with a bamboo muzzle, and a boy with dark red hair entered the room.
   "I sensed the smell of blood! Is everything—
   He faltered.
   "Tanjiro. ." Giyuu whispered, "Nezuko. ."
   The two siblings rushed inside. Tanjiro explained that they wanted to visit and arrived late, yet both sensed someone injured. . . Because they were both worried, the two rushed towards it.

   "I found it!" Shinobu declared, injecting the cure, "It looks like the poison's fading away. . .but very slowly."
   Nezuko stepped up, igniting the Wind Hashira with her bright pink flames.
   Everyone was shocked.

   "I. .I feel better?. . ." Sanemi asked, "Did this demon attempt to combust me into flames?. . ."
   "How—!?" Shinobu said, "The poison— it's completely vanished. . ."

   ". . ."

   Giyuu pulled Sanemi into a hug.
   "Don't. .don't do that." He whispered, "Don't leave me."
   "I don't plan to. ." Sanemi told him, Giyuu buried his head onto the other's shoulder.

   ". . ."

   "Can you guys not be so "lovey-dovey" over there?" Shinobu asked, "I truly love that you guys are together, but we're all feeling like a third-wheel. . . ALSO, SINCE WHEN DID LIGHTING SOMEONE ON FIRE HEAL POISON?"
   "Hmph! Hmm!" Nezuko said. ("It's my specialty to!")
   Giyuu hugged the Kamado siblings, thankful for both to be there with him.
   "I'm flattered Tomioka-San, really! But, it was all Nezuko's doing—
   "Hmph, hmph!" Nezuko protested. ("You suggested that we should come here!")

   Sanemi and Giyuu both smiled at each other, relieved. Shinobu sighed, "Well that was one of the most intense moments I've ever had with one of my patients. . . By the way, Shinzugawa-San, because of your wounds, you'll have to stay here for a few days."
   "Thank you, Kocho-San." Giyuu continued, "You're a big help."
   "Your welcome, Tomioka-San! I'm simply glad that you've come to be so much more close and comfortable with us! The teasing was only an attempt for you to socialize!" Shinobu hesitated for a bit, "However, I apologize if you viewed it differently. ."
   "There's no need to say sorry, Kocho-San."
   Shinobu smiled of gratefulness, and this time, it wasn't fake.

☆ <3 🍃🌊<3☆

   The next morning, others came to visit.
   "I'm just glad that you're okay, Shinzugawa-San! I hope you get better soon!!" — Mitsuri
   "I guess. . .Tomioka-San isn't that bad. .? I just. . .don't hate him that much. Anyways, get well." — Iguro
   "I will pray for your health. Stay strong, Shinzugawa-San." — Gyomei
"Can I buy the diamond ring!? It's quite flashy!" — Uzui
"I wish you well Shinzugawa-San! Here's some food I ordered for you!" — Rengoku
"Why am I here again?. . Oh, get well." — Muichiro

Giyuu kissed Sanemi again, "Now will you drink your medicine?. ."
The Wind Pillar reluctantly gulped down the liquid, soon swallowing a glass of water as well. A couple of minutes later, a young boy with a mohawk, along with a gun instead of a katana entered the infirmary. . .
". .Genya. . .?" Sanemi asked.
Giyuu got up from his chair, "I'll leave you two alone for now." He walked towards the exit, but Genya took him by the shoulder, saying,
"Thank you. . Thank you for everything you've done for my brother. . Also, congratulations."
Giyuu smiled, "Thank you. . But, how did you find out?. ."
"Tanjiro and the others told me. ."
"I see. . I'll be going on a short walk."

"I. . .
Genya hesitated, until Sanemi spoke up.
"I. . .apologize for treating you poorly. .and. .being an asshole." Sanemi proceeded, "I just. . I just wanted you to be safe. I don't want to lose you too."
The young boy was shocked, yet he smiled at these words.
"I'm sorry too. . . I should've never said those words that night. ."
Sanemi grinned.

☆ <3 🍃🌊<3☆

After Genya left, Giyuu came back from his walk. The Water Hashira stayed side by side with the love of his life the entire time. The two stayed with each other for their entire lifetimes. Sure, Love Is Torture, it's completely true. Though someday, there's two who'll stick with the other for years to come.

♥︎ 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓔𝓷𝓭 ♥︎

⬇️ FINAL WRITER'S NOTE: ⬇️

Well, I really enjoyed writing this story! Hope that ending made ya'll satisfied ✨ ALSO, WHAT SHIP SHOULD I WRITE ABOUT NEXT? I need suggestions. 😅 Or, should I write another SaneGiyuu story? If so, then give me ideas. 😭😭😭 Anyways, all hate comments aren't even gonna be read, so don't waste your boring life by typing in useless words and keep your opinions to yourself :)

Words You've Read: 1071 Words

Bye! 👋 <3

🎉 You've finished reading ♡ 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐈𝐬 𝐓𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 - 𝐒𝐚𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐢 𝐱 𝐆𝐢𝐲𝐮𝐮 ♡ 🎉