𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒪𝓃𝑒

♥*♡∞:。.。♥*♡∞:。.。

song of the chapter: tiny dancer by elton john

"hold me closer, tiny dancer"

*∞:.*∞:.

"Heads," I heard from onstage.

I exchanged a glance with my cousin, Allie, as we watched the show from backstage. Harry flipped the coin again for the play. My best friend had always had a knack for acting.

I'd never understood it, so I worked backstage with Allie. Not that I didn't like performing. I'd been a dancer since I was three. I'd recently won Miss Teenage Massachusetts. Plus, I'd modeled for many magazines.

        I loved being the center of attention. But school plays werent my scene.

"Heads," Harry repeated. They continued to flip the coin, only to get the same result. "Eight in a row. Beating the record."

"A new record. Is that as far as you're prepared to go?" Cassandra challenged.

"You spun them yourself," Harry pointed out.

"Not a flicker of a doubt," Cassandra nodded. I chuckled with the audience.

♥*♡∞:。.。♥*♡∞:。.。

"You were amazing, as always," I told my friends after the show. We were all hanging out in the gym.

"I know," Harry accepted, smiling broadly. I rolled my eyes. "I'm having a party tonight. And you're gonna be there."

"Party at your house, Harry?" we heard. I looked over at Cassandra as she approached us along with Allie and Will. "So nice of you to invite everyone."

"Would you even come, Cassandra?" Harry asked, scoffing.

"Is that really the point, Harry?" Allie wondered, tilting her head to the side.

"It's not for the play. It's for people helping out with the prom," Kelly spoke up sweetly. "But if you want to come--"

"It's okay. I'll see you tomorrow," Cassandra shrugged. "Good job, everyone."

"You were excellent, Cas," I addressed.

"Thanks, Cal," Cassandra smiled, side hugging me. "Do you want us to walk you to your car?"

"No, she's gonna come with us," Harry decided.

        I rolled my eyes but decided to go with it. I hadn't let loose in a long time. And if I kept that up, they would probably replace me. That was a big fear of mine.

♥*♡∞:。.。♥*♡∞:。.。

I hugged my mother one last time before the trip. Everyone sixteen and up was going camping for school. My brother Sam and I were saying our goodbyes. Campbell, on the other hand, was avoiding our parents at all costs.

"Be safe, pumpkin," Mom instructed as we pulled apart.

"I will," I promised, giggling at her protective worry.

"And take care of your brothers," Dad went on, rubbing my shoulder.

"I'll try," I sighed, putting my arm around my little brother. They signed their goodbyes to him.

"Oh, and don't forget your diet, Callie," Mom lectured. "You have a photoshoot with Seventeen magazine next week."

"I know," I claimed, rolling my eyes and crossing my arms.