𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝐹𝑜𝓊𝓇

*∞:.*∞:.

song of the chapter: cassandra by abba

"pity, cassandra that no one believed you. but then again, you were lost from the start. now we must suffer and sell our secrets. bargain, playing smart, aching in our hearts."

*∞:.*∞:.

News of Cassandra's death hit me hard. I was angry, I was confused, I was depressed. I felt guilty. The last time I saw her, we were fighting.

I sat next to Allie at the funeral. I didn't know how she was doing. She hasn't talked much since she got the news. I set my head down on her shoulder.

Cassandra was the older sister I never had. I was the person everyone went to for advice. I was the mom of our class. People I barely knew came to me for advice.

I didn't have anyone like that. My mom, as much as I loved her, sucked at giving advice. Cassandra was that for me. She was the girl I went to for all my problems. I could trust her with anything.

"You guys okay?" Will asked, but his eyes got caught on something. I turned around to see Campbell and Harry. Will approached them. "You guys have a lot of balls."

"Hey, man--" Harry began. "I get that you're upset--"

"We all know how you felt about Cassandra, Harry," Will shot. "You were super fucking clear." He turned to Campbell. "You two, now go."

"I don't have to listen to you," Campbell scoffed, pushing past him. Will pushed him back. "Hey! Hey, I'm family, do you understand--"

"Get the fuck out!" Will yelled.

"What are you doing?" Gordie asked. "Isn't it bad enough already?"

"Allie doesn't need to see them!" Will defended.

"Allie doesn't give a shit about this right now," Gordie pointed out. "You're missing this worse, all right? Let 'em in."

"In the back," Will insisted. They walked to their seats.

Allie took a deep breath. I nodded at her as she walked up to the alter. I cringed as I looked at the body covered in a white sheet.

"My sister, Cassandra, was good," she began. "She was a good person. Um . . . She was captain of the debate team. You didn't want to argue with her. Who did this? Huh? Who shot my sister? Why did you do that? We needed her! I needed her!"

She broke down in sobs. Will went up and wrapped his arms around her. The guard got up, as did Helena and Gordie to move the body.

They began to walk down the aisle with her body. Everybody followed them out of the church. I watched as they lowered her into the grave. I sobbed into Allies shoulder.

"Eternal rest grant her, O Lord," Helena began. "And let perpetual light shine upon her. May her soul, through the mercy of God, rest in peace."

"Amen," we all said. Allie went over and grabbed a bit of dirt. She sprinkled it into the grave.

♥*♡∞:。.。♥*♡∞:。.。

I walked to Harry's house, needing to get away from everything. I felt guilty for yelling at Lexie. She was just scared. Like all of us.

I came across him laying on the ground next to the pool, his left leg in the water. He was just staring at the sky. I sighed at him. He lifted his head to look at me.