𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒮𝒾𝓍

♥*♡∞:。.。♥*♡∞:。.。

song of the chapter: time to dance by panic! at the disco

"give me envy, give me malice, give me your attention."

♥*♡∞:。.。♥*♡∞:。.。

Allie stood in front of my brother's 'cell' nervously. I was holding onto Sam, who was overwhelmed. I had so wanted to go back to sleep, but Cam was my responsibility.

"Be careful," I told Allie before she went in.

"He's handcuffed; I'll be okay," she insisted.

"No, it's his brain that's dangerous," I explained. "He messes with people. It's scary, and before you know it's happening, he's already manipulated you."

"I'll be okay," she repeated, rubbing my arm soothingly.

♥*♡∞:。.。♥*♡∞:。.。

        She came out a little while later. I sighed, knowing I had to talk to him. I pursed my lips before walking into the cell. Any practiced Catholic would cross themselves upon entering.

"Cam," I sighed.

"You guys have to let me go," he shrugged. "You have no evidence."

"I don't think you did it," I told him, sighing deeply as I sat down next to him.

"No, because you know me," he recalled, nodding his head.

"I'm the only person that does," I pointed out, shrugging my shoulders. "I'm sorry."

"What?" he scoffed.

"I'm sorry that they took the first chance to pin something on you just because they're scared of you," I said to him.

"Why do you care?" he asked, his eyes narrowed in suspicion.

"Despite the way you treat me, I still love you," I confessed, annoyed with the fact.

"Oh, spare me," he spat.

"I do," I said. "And I'm probably the only person in the world who does. I know that that's an awful thing to say, but you need to start to realize you aren't allowed to act like this." He glared at me as I stormed out.

♥*♡∞:。.。♥*♡∞:。.。

"People are talking trash now, in public. In the street," I sighed as I walked into the Pressman kitchen.

"In the cafeteria?" Will wondered.

"Yeah, everyone," I nodded.

"Well, we packed 'em into houses together, four in a room," Gordie pointed out. "It's the perfect breeding ground for an epidemic of discontent."

"What are they saying exactly?" Becca questioned.

"They just want her to decide," Will said.

"Three days now," Grizz sighed. "Her not deciding makes her seem weak. And her being vulnerable, that's the scariest thing.

"People are gonna start turning against her," I realized.

"Hey, where's Allie?" Jason asked, storming through the door.

"In her room," Will informed him. "Allie!" Jason panted, walking over to Grizz and fist-bumping him.

"So, how's it going?" Jason quipped.

"Pretty good," Gordie lied.

"Anything yet?" he puzzled.

        Our heads turned to the staircase as Allie came trotting down.

"What's up?" she queried.

"It's Dewey," Jason explained. "Third meal in a row, he won't eat."

"Like a hunger strike or something?" Allie scoffed, walking over to us.

"I guess, I can't really force him to," Jason sighed.

"Oh right," she nodded, crossing her arms. "How long can a person last without eating?"

"A while," I answered. "I mean, I've gone a week before."

"Okay," Allie nodded. "Then he can lose some weight. I mean, I don't want word getting out about this. Like, I don't want this to turn into like, a weird protest thing, you know?"

"We shouldn't be doing stuff in secret," Becca pointed out to her. There was a tense silence.

"What?" Allie demanded.

"Doing stuff in secret is a slippery slope," I said to her.

        Allie scoffed, storming out of the house. We sighed, exchanging glances.

"Okay, either one of you says something to her, or I will," Grizz sighed.

♥*♡∞:。.。♥*♡∞:。.。

        I went through my routine step by step. I focused all of my muscles on every arabesque, every ronde de jambe, every move.

        The music was so beautiful, I just got lost in it. I forgot about all of my problems. I just let go of myself, letting my body move.

"Calliope," I heard. I jumped, getting pulled from my zone. I turned to my brother.

"Campbell," I sighed, flipping the music off.

"I'm free," he announced.

"Oh," I said, the disappointment in my voice very apparent.

"Aren't you happy to see me?" he challenged, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, yes," I lied, nodding quickly, though I was aware he could see right through me. "I was worried about you."

♥*♡∞:。.。♥*♡∞:。.。

        The crowd chattered quietly while we waited for Allie to make her announcement in the church. She turned to us, making all of us go silent. She walked to the front of the church.

"I had two decisions to make," she told us. "Two rulings. First, Campbell. This court is not about vengeance. It's about fairness and justice. The only evidence we have against Campbell, which is from Dewey himself, is unreliable. Without evidence there can be no trial. So last night, I ordered that Campbell be released from custody." They all murmured. "It was the right thing to do. As for Dewey, he's been found guilty of murder, and the punishment for murder is death."

"Are you kidding me?" Dewey exclaimed.

"You can't!" somebody yelled. Everybody was in an outrage, especially Dewey.

"What? Are you gonna kill me?" the boy screamed, jumping up. The Guard pushed him back into his seat.

"Let this be a warning to anyone who thinks about using violence on anyone in this town," Allie emphasized. "We will respond."

"This is not a court!" Dewey screamed, standing up again. "You are fucking crazy! You hear me? You got no right!" They started dragging him away. "I'm gonna fucking kill you, bitch! I'm gonna kill you! Then you'll be dead just like your sister! Fucking crazy bitch! What are you looking at? Fuck you!" Clark slammed the door as they dragged him out.

♥*♡∞:。.。♥*♡∞:。.。

        I didn't go to the execution. I couldn't stomach it. I sighed, sitting with Harry in his backyard. We were sitting with our feet in, his arm around me.

"Are you okay?" I asked him. He turned to me. "You just seem depressed is all."

"Yeah, well . . . " he trailed off. I nodded. "At least I still have you."

"You'll always have me," I reminded him, rubbing his back.

"I miss my sister," he admitted. I nodded, resting my head on his shoulder.