𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒩𝒾𝓃𝑒

♥*♡∞:。.。♥*♡∞:。.。

song of the chapter: fighter by Christina Aguilera

"makes me so much stronger. makes me work a little bit harder. it makes me that much wiser. so thanks for making me a fighter."

*∞:.*∞:.

    I watched as people stood in line to sign up for the election. I wasn't running, but it was fun to encourage others to. Shoe stepped up to put a new clipboard on the wall of the church.

"Yo, just give me some space," Shoe instructed, pushing people out of the way. "You'll all get a chance to see it." He put up the clipboard. "Anyone who wants in on this election things needs to sign up by five, the day of the debate."

"Thanks, Shoe," Campbell said, pushing him out of the way to sign up. I furrowed my eyebrows as he wrote Harry Bingham.

"Hey!" I called after him, following my brother as he started walking away. "What are you doing?"

"What?" Campbell asked me.

"Does Harry know you put his name down?" I asked him, crossing my arms.

"Yes, Saint Calliope," Campbell deadpanned.

"Last time I saw him, he could barely get out of bed," I reminded him.

"He's fine," Campbell shrugged.

"He's not up to this," I warned. Campbell laughed chillingly.

"He will be."

♥*♡∞:。.。♥*♡∞:。.。

        I made my way to Harry's that afternoon, but when I got there, I was shocked to see my brother had beaten me to it. I hid in the doorway, listening in.

"Fuck off, Campbell," Harry was saying to him. "What, so now we're in some universe where you're generous and thoughtful?"

"Mm-hmm," Campbell hummed. "Drink up. We gotta get ready for the debate."

"What are you talking about?" Harry asked, grumbling.

"I signed you up this morning," Campbell announced. "You're gonna run for mayor against Allie."

"Uh, yeah. No, I don't think so," Harry decided, knocking on the table.

"We don't have a lot of time if we're gonna pull this off, so let's just skip this part," Campbell explained. "You look like shit, by the way."

"Did you hear me?" Harry demanded. "I'm not being pulled into this bullshit. If you wanna be in charge so bad, run."

"I'd never get elected," Campbell pointed out. "You know that."

"Okay, well, whatever, man," Harry scoffed. "I got enough going on."

"Like what?" Campbell demanded. "Look at yourself. Harry, look around you. You like the way things are? Cause I don't. You like picking up garbage? Being crammed into a house with a bunch of fucking assholes? You want this to be your life?"

"No," Harry admitted.

"Then get your shit together, man," Campbell demanded. "This is our chance. I remember when you used to run this place. Right? This school. The town, man. Nobody could touch you. That guy is still in there. Let's get you back where you belong. Just trust me."

♥*♡∞:。.。♥*♡∞:。.。

        I walked into Harry's kitchen the next day. I didn't let either of them know that I had overheard them.