𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒

♥*∞:.♥*∞:.

song of the chapter: dance till we die by lana del rey

"we won't stop dancing till we die"

♥*∞:.♥*∞:.

"Did Cassandra text you too?" Jessica asked as she came storming into the church in a prom dress.

"Was there a dress code we didn't know about?" Becca jabbed. I gave her a disapproving look.

"I spent seven hundred dollars on this, and it's not like I'm gonna be wearing it to prom," she countered, sitting down in the front pew.

"Well, you look great," I encouraged. She scoffed at me. I sighed, shrinking back a bit. People started chattering.

"Can I tell you something?" Becca signed to me. I furrowed my eyebrows. Sam wasn't here.

"Sure," I signed back.

"Usually, I wouldn't tell anybody something like this, but I need advice, and you remind me of my mom," she signed. I chuckled. I got that a lot from many people. She looked around before turning her back to everybody. "I'm pregnant."

"What?" I signed. "Are you sure?" She nodded.

"I don't know what to do," she signed.

"Meet me at my house later. We can talk about it," I signed to her. She nodded.

The door closed as I saw Allie and Cassandra walking into the church. We all turned to them.

"Boys that we thought we knew destroyed those stores last night," Cassandra got right to the point, sitting down. "And if we don't do something, male testosterone is going to be the end of us."

"Is that why it's just girls here?" Helena wondered. She nodded.

"Right now, it's just pillage," she realized. "But how long until someone's raped walking home one night and no one gives a shit, because that's just how it is?" I looked down at my lap.

"Okay, I'm sorry no one wanted to date you in high school, Cassandra, but this war on men feels a little extra," Gwen spoke up.

"Shut the fuck up, Gwen," Kelly shot.

"Girls, let's not turn on each other right now," I said. "Right now of all times, we can't be turning on anybody. We all need to work together if we want to get out of here."

"It's not that easy, Cal," Cassandra sighed. I nodded. "The only things that kept us safe are gone. There isn't anyone to say no. And when you stop hearing no, you begin to think you can do anything. Women aren't safe in a world that's run by brute force and stupidity. If we want peace, we need order. And to get order, we need to exert power."

♥*♡∞:。.。♥*♡∞:。.。

"Campbell?" I yelled as I got home with Becca. No answer. "Campbell?" Again, no answer. I turned to Becca. "Okay, we're good. What are you going to do?"

"I don't know. That's why I told you," she spilled.

"Well, you can't get an abortion while we're here," I sighed. "And it's not like adoption is an option either."

"I know," she grumbled.

"Hey," I said, getting her attention. "I know it's scary. But you can do this. I'll totally help you out whenever you need it. I'll do a ton of research." She smiled at me.

"Thank you," she said.

I considered asking her who the father was. But that wasn't my business. I sighed as she left, going upstairs to put comfortable pants on so I could mentally decompress.