𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝐹𝒾𝓋𝑒

♥*♡∞:。.。♥*♡∞:。.。

song of the chapter: thank you for the music by abba

"thank you for the music. for giving it to me."

♥*♡∞:。.。♥*♡∞:。.。

"What's up?" I asked Harry as I walked into his room.

        He had called me, sounding shaken up. I had been chilling with a face mask and a glass of wine, and I had to get dressed, so this better have been worth it. He was sitting with his back against his bed, arms around his knees.

"Dewey did it," he spilled.

"Did what?" I wondered.

"I think . . . Dewey killed . . . Cassandra," he confessed.

"What are you talking about?" I asked him. "What makes you think that?"

"Cause he just fucking told me!" Harry insisted, looking up at me with tears in his eyes. "Dewey, he basically just confessed that he shot Cassandra."

"We're talking about Greg Dewey, right?" I clarified. "The short, pale kid that nobody talks to."

"Yes, Greg Dewey," he nodded, standing up.

"Why would he want to kill Cassandra?" I wondered.

"Who knows?" he sighed. "Kids . . . fucked up. He's fucking batshit." He pushed his hair back as he paced around the room.

"Why would he tell you?" I asked him.

"I don't know," he said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"That's not an answer," I mumbled.

"What do you want?" he demanded. "I just told you he's completely fucking crazy!"

"Well, then you need to say something," I told him.

"No, fuck that," he scoffed.

"You need to turn him in," I insisted.

"No. Are you insane?" he demanded. "They're already looking for a reason to make this my fault!"

"He's dangerous, Harry," I told him. "And if you don't tell them, then he hurts someone else . . . then that's on you."

♥*♡∞:。.。♥*♡∞:。.。

"He said what?" Will demanded in the Pressman kitchen.

"He said we have to look for a gun at Dewey's house," Gordie said.

"Dewey like Greg?" Grizz asked him.

"Why didn't Harry come and tell us himself?" Allie asked.

"He's scared," I responded. "He called me this morning. I went over there. He told me everything. I believe him."

"Why Cassandra?" Allie wondered. "Greg didn't even know her. I mean, why would he care?"

"Maybe Harry put him up to it. Made him confess so he could take the heat off himself," Grizz suggested.

"Harry wouldn't do that," I insisted.

"Do you believe Harry?" Allie asked Gordie.

"Look, it's gonna sound weird, but I do," Gordie nodded. "Like Callie said. He's obviously scared and upset."

"It doesn't matter. We have to arrest Dewey," Will said.

"Arrest him?" Allie clarified. "What do you mean arrest him? Like go . . . just go nab him off the street?"