Gradatim

[Aparajita]

A repressed princess or a commoner of freedom?”

—❀—

Amethi, Uttar Pradesh

Dawn had made its first knock from the threshold of mountains, the soft sun rays were fighting their way through the curtains, aided by their comrade wind, finally they managed to enter and continued its struggle to fall on the face of a damsel who was still trying to hide her face with the muslin quilt. As if she didn't want to face the new day with the same struggles. The birds were chirping as if celebrating the arrival of dawn and their so called new beginnings.
That damsel was none other than me-

Aparajita Singh Amethiya, Princess of Amethi and elder daughter of King Raghuveer Singh Amethiya!

I wish I could vanish this identity of mine. The idea of being his daughter was repugnant to me. I wish my mother hadn't made the decision to bring this to bring this man into our lives.

I really didn't understand why people say "A new day comes with a new beginning" when we do the exact things which we do everyday. According to me it should be "A new day with same struggles" like I was doing in not leaving my quilt. I was a clinomaniac whether it was morning or evening, because I couldn't get enough of my bed- [My Comfort]

Within minutes I was surrounded by royal maids who were there to wake me and make me ready for the day, and my personal butler pronounced as my personal butler but dedicated to the King, Suraj Singh who was there to inform me about my schedule for the day; still in no mood to leave the muslin quilt that my grandfather had brought from Mosul, Iraq where it was first manufactured. It involved yarn spinning and weaving activities by adept and experienced artisans.

I know I started my cyclopedia again, I couldn't help either, it was effect of my interest in learning reason behind the smallest of the small things. I recently completed my graduation where History was one of the main subjects, You could held it also as a reason of my cyclopedia behaviour. Whatever! I need to leave my comfort zone as soon as possible because my mother Gitanjali Singh Amethiya would be here in few minutes, and if she sees me in bed, she is definitely going to murder me with her glares and with her famous dialogue 'Certain fundamental rules must be obeyed by a princess'.

While the life of the Royal Princess may have seemed dazzling and full of glam, on the contrary, it is actually very busy and bustling. Sometimes it feels like I am a horse that has the reins of the rules only. Within minutes I was finished with my daily morning routine.

Mercifully I had my breakfast in room which concluded a cup of tea; Chai is something without which I couldn't imagine my day, with oats cutlet as my parents went for cycling because the King and Queen of Amethi are enthusiastic cyclists; as Suraj Singh informed me about the whereabouts of my parents. It is actually a good day because I won't get scolded by my mother for being late for almost 10 minutes and 54 seconds. After my light breakfast, I departed to a chamber of the extravagant palace for my daily workout in tank top and yoga pant with mesh pockets. I generally believe in Yoga more than lifting weights in the gym. After practicing some asanas I returned to my chamber.

And after taking a long shower, I was readied by a Royal dresser's assistance and maids for the day extremely crammed with different events and public appearances. It doesn't mean that I hate public appearances, but I hate that people older than me bow down to me because I am a Princess and they are commoners. Monarchy in India was abolished long back but not from the braincells of the people. It is a barrier between me and them. I couldn't even have a simple conversation with them because they are scared of the Royals and the Royal family reckons they respect them. Respect is seen through the eyes, not by bowing the head. I want to live like a commoner and feel everything even their struggles to earn their livelihood. I want them to tell me about their problems, not show their camouflage respect for me.