Kismet

[Aditeya]

"Her xylanthrax eyes!"

—❀—

Life,

A nodus of nothing yet of everything,

The tintinnabulation of uncertainty, the little joys, the pogonip of tears, the culmination of calamities, the inane actions, the unsolved fractions, the unacceptable past, the foreseen future, the vari-coloured present, the aloof nights, the impassive days, life lingers somewhere here, somewhere there.

Life is so unexpected that it's enough to entrance us. It mesmerizes you in its never ending cycle skillfully and like a kite, you're fascinated by the fire of the abyss unknowingly.

I'm the perfect paradigm of this. A few days back I was avoiding coming back to India, even I never wanted to come here. I abhorred this country because of my past experiences. But I'm here, and it's been one sennight since my grandmother came back home from the hospital and it's been two sennights since I've been here. But luckily I wasn't forced to live in the palace, rather I was living in my grandmother's friend's house.

And today I'm going to Kanakpur to meet her because my grandmother wants me to meet her! I'm going there only because of my grandmother, otherwise I wouldn't even think of going there.

"I don't even want to meet her." I whispered inaudibly.

"Really?"

I'm a fool, that too a certified one, how can I forget that the mosquito is also walking beside me.

I turned my head to him, and he was wiggling his brows. Why does he wiggle his eyebrows so much? I really wish he was bald, that too with eyebrows.

"Mosquitoes are known for buzzing, not spying." I uttered.

"And mosquitoes are also known to spread diseases, aren't they? And the mosquito beside you is known for spreading love diseases and that too a canker one." He winked at me. "I know very well how excited you're to meet her. So remove this pretense, take a look at her picture."

"I'm not interested."

"Where is Einstein?"

"There!" George pointed to the little garden where my siblings were trying to get his attention but Mr. Einstein was dodging them. They've been trying to befriend him since the day he came here but he seems to be less interested. Anaya and Agastya were running after him while Aatreya was trying to woo him with biscuits.

I whistled, he quickly ran towards me and started tugging at my pants, in the hope of being lifted up in my arms. I immediately lifted up him in my arms. He started showering his love on me by licking my whole face.

"Bhaiya! Why doesn't he pay attention to us? We want to play with him but he's ignoring us as if we're aliens." Anaya complained and her lips pouted sulkily.

"Is there any doubt?" George, the mosquito beside me murmured sarcastically.

Fortunately she didn't hear this sarcastic remark, otherwise it would have become the cause of their squabble. I cannot understand what kind of war is going on between them. It seems like they're always ready to slit each other's throats. It all started the day when George accidentally bumped into her and spilled the soup that she had made for grandmother. Since that day they have been behaving like arch enemies.

"Where are you going?" Agastya asked examining me from head to toe.

"To bring your sister-in-law!" My eyes slanted towards him, chock-a-block with invisible daggers.