Anon

[Author]

"Oh, Darling! You found a wind of freedom and I, a violent cloudburst!"

Life is a lengthy mixtape of positive and negative emotions, a garland intertwined with mellifluous and melancholic tunes, an interplay of sweetness of bitterness, a potpourri of happiness and sorrows! But spending time with Aditeya feels like a pause for her, a pause from everything that's controlled by destiny. She believed in the flow of the music that destiny plays often but whenever she was with him, it seemed to cease. Whenever she was with him, she no longer had to face the harsh reality of her life, she no longer had to try to make a mocktail of everything together to make her life run smoothly, she no longer had to pretend to be fine or to fake a smile.

Everything happens naturally whenever she was in the propinquity of him.

In a world where people try to be a masterpiece of a museum holding gold artifacts and sculptures, Aparajita found him an art of clay sans of perfection, full of errors but is made without rushing the tiniest act of pottery.

He seems like the rain for which you don't have to carry an umbrella as you'll definitely have an urge to be drenched in its droplets.

Aparajita was sitting on a marble step established on the side of the lake and her legs were playing with the wavelets. The reflection of hers was dancing with the wavelets of water and her mind was dancing with the tunes of Aditeya's existence. She was so engrossed in his thoughts that she didn't notice her surroundings. Someone tapped her shoulder, she craned her neck to look at him. A man in his thirties, with a diabetic smile, wearing a traditional white kurta paired with a black vest and white pants.

"Can I sit here?" He questioned, pointing his fingers towards the space beside her.

"I guess I don't own this place, so you don't need to seek my permission to sit here or anywhere." She replied with a smile, full of sarcasm.

"I liked your sense of humor. But in reality you own this place, Princess Aprajita Singh Amethiya. So I should probably ask your permission to sit beside you."

"So this permission etiquette is only applicable for a princess like me, not for some other ladies?"

"I'm not someone who asks for consent." His words amassed a tumultuous rage inside her but she tried her best to control its outburst. "Consider yourself fortunate that I asked your consent to sit beside you." He vaunted about the kindness he had shown her by asking for her consent. She wished she could deteriorate his mephistophelian face with a punch.

"Who are you?"

"You don't know me?" He asked, bewilderment mushroomed over his whole face.

"Have you done anything to be known by other people, including me?" Her words made his mouth open a little in shock, he wasn't definitely expecting this coming but it was a pellucid from her to vex him.

"I'm Vinay Agnihotri, the only child of the sitting Member of Parliament, Amitabh Agnihotri, who is a prominent leader of the party on whose election symbol your father is going to contest the upcoming elections." He answered sitting beside her. His boastful voice intensified the urge to wrack his face more.

"It was nice meeting you, Vinay!" She pulled her legs out of the water and stood up on purpose to leave that place as soon as possible.

He dittoed her actions, before she could leave, he held her wrist in a tight hold. "What kind of insolence is this!" She asked as his actions enraged her.

"It's not insolence, it's for your well-being." He warned with a wry smile. "I'm the only one who can help your father to get the ticket for the Amethi constituency. But in return I also need a favor. From you." He further added.