Latibule

[Aditeya]

“Broken yet conqueror of riddles full of mysteries!”

—❀—

A hiding place away from the world of expectations, a place of safety and comfort away from the chaos of royalty. A place where people judge me by the canons of my achievements and not by the title attached to my name. This is the grandest thing this place has given me.

There were some days I felt I was stuck in the turmoil of my own emotions; on some days I wished I had a shoulder to lean on and on some days I realized that I was paralyzing my body in the shackles of negativity.

I was broken, yet holding on to the remaining threads to prevent myself from breaking further.

I had fallen, yet clinging on to life with what was left of me.

I was nothing, yet surviving in the light of something I had to prove to the world.

These walls are where I set my soul free, where I met my sanity, where I bet myself to grow, where I let myself be myself.

I have changed my fears into fears, the only difference is; first it was forget everything and run system, now it has become face everything and rise system for me.

In all this commotion, I forgot the important day of someone special in my life and what I was supposed to make for her special day. And it will take two hours to prepare her favourite cake. I didn’t wish her at midnight because I didn’t want to ruin her beauty sleep.

Go like a bat out of hell Aditeya, otherwise your darling will be angry with you.

Red velvet cakes are the most beautiful cakes that catch your eye very effortlessly and she is one of those people. Whenever she sees a red velvet cake, she couldn’t resist the desire to eat some. And if it’s made by me, she is definitely not going to share it with anyone. She owns a bakery but still craves for the cakes made by me.

Well, it’s her birthday today and how can I can disappoint her cravings.

I am the same person who was unable to even boil water five years ago, is now a maestro in the culinary skills. What a wonderful parallel it is! And credit for this miracle goes to one and only— Catherine Jones!

My new self and my old self serve the best parallels, I must say.

After ditching my morning gym session, I was in the kitchen taking out the ingredients needed for the cake from the cabinet. An idea came to my mind, to celebrate her birthday I need some chorus to sing the birthday song in the background. And who would be a better choice than my friends? So I called my friend George Smith, not crime in partner but definitely partner in business and gym; and put it on speaker as I was whisking the cake flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking soda, and a pinch of salt together after sifting the ingredients to ensure there are no clumps.

“Good morning, George!” I politely greeted him when he picked up my phone after four rings.

I am not a mellifluent but become one whenever I need something but in the middle of conversation I show them a glimpse of me not being mellifluent. And I am proud of it. In my defence, I am not like those people who will be saccharine in front of you and poison behind your back.