Crosshatch

[Aditeya]

"I was surrounded by looping lines, broken lines and zigzag lines, and she was lounging with crosshatched inventions!"

--

Holding hands, entangling your fingers between someone's fingers is definitely an act of intimacy. But no-one talks about the intimacy that comes when someone suddenly holds your hand while you are focusing on what's ahead of you, completely ignoring the view behind you. Someone runs after you only to stop you, the sudden meeting of hands due to your and their unsynchronized movements. Someone's esurient fingers awaiting to touch, to feel and to lock your fingers with them is everything a homeless person wants. A feeling tantamount to something you have never felt but still feel its nectar; something that you didn't feel before, but still crave for it; A home you don't know the address of but are willing to spend your whole life trying to find.

The emotions my heart came into contact with when she held my fingers were identical to the feelings I absolutely loved. Her mere touch made me forget the advice George and Rapunzel gave me.

Whenever she comes in front of me, the organs of mine make concerted efforts to divulge the absence of confidence her presence generates. Where does my mountainous confidence go? I literally become a goat rambling nonsense forgetting the roars of which my employees are afraid of!

She reminds me of the gamut of seasons.

Her eyes remind me of the harlequin neonates and saplings that indwells themselves with the whispers of spring, reminds me of the vagitus flashing the vividness of a new life and of the positivity that elides the daunting pawns of vulnerability. Her thick raven hair reminds me of the timeless emancipation of summer that vivifies love and attachment, those entangled locks remind me of passion that entails gusto into everything; they create magic every single time, whether individually or in a concerted manner, whether entangled with one another or free from one another. Her lips remind me of autumn, the words that escape from those lips remind me of autumn, and I keep falling for her like a maple leaf every single time. Her fingers remind me of the warmth we crave for in the winter, the one which saves you from decay, from death.

"Why did you say those words?" She asked in a low voice, playing with a corner of the handkerchief wrapped around her palm, enough to display her awkwardness due to the words I said earlier.

So, my words affected her. Good news for me.

"Some research shows a man says 7000 words everyday, and I'm no exception." I glanced at her for a moment and focused back on the roads. "Can you be precise about the words you are asking?" I questioned.

"The words you said in the corridor." She conveyed, it felt like she was having a conversation with herself instead of me.

"Sorry, I've a bad memory. Can you please say those words I said in the corridor?" I immediately asked in response.

Her piercing eyes moved towards me, her eyes met mine, my eyes were definitely sparkling with mischievousness and hers was flared with bewilderment. As soon as she realized I was pretending to be nonchalant, she narrowed her eyes, a soft chuckle escaped from my throat. "Leave it, I don't wanna talk about that." She mumbled, looking outside of the car window much to my dismay.

"How are you driving this car?" She inspected, after a few minutes of silence.

"Because I have a driving license and I'm an adept driver."

She frowned, and was all ready to snap at me. But she closed her eyes, took a deep breath probably to control her urge. "I mean, why are you driving this car and why isn't any convoy behind us?" She asked in a soft tone.