Chapter 13 - News of Suspension

The news about a fight between one of the two boys of Vesta Academy, Asakura Hayaru, and the academy's most notorious leader of the Zaku Gang, Sazaharu Chiari, have been spread across the entire academy, thanks to the announcement from the disciplinary committee. While the reactions are varied, but only few that are noteworthy:
Pairu and Yuniko being shocked of hearing his suspension, Momoi who is still regretting of his inability to help him, and Mahiru... who right now are with the leader of the disciplinary committee to learn more about the case.

"So that's the brief summary of it, Mahiru-san." The leader concluded her report. "While the victim did try to weasel him out of it by claiming that he was doing so in self-defense, his own testimony say otherwise."

Mahiru, who had basically watched the entire fight thanks to Lauran's help, can't help but to sigh over the leader's strong sense of justice. From her point of view, even if he did beat Chiari to a pulp, it was Chiari herself who brought Hayaru's uncontrollable anger to herself.

"I understand, Sunaya-san." Mahiru said. "But how about Hayaru now? Is he still detained?"

"That's the problem, Mahiru-san." Sunaya sighs, "He already left when we were still interrogating him."

~~ >/Flashback, Sunaya's POV/< ~~

"So you admit that you brutally beat Chiari up?" I was interrogating Hayaru-kun after he woke up from his brief unconsciousness. Naturally, he asked of where he is, but when he sees me, he went spiteful at me. So the rumors are true about him being mysogynistic.

"What's the point of lying if it already did happen?" Surprisingly, even with his mysogyny, he's cooperative to our interrogation, as he didn't even try to lie or anything like that. "She deserved it after all the shit she and her fucking gang did to me years ago."

So those two do have history together, interesting. But he still broke the 'no violence' rule here in Vesta Academy.

"While I do appreciate your honesty, you still broke the no violence rule here in Vesta Academy." I said, which he feel indifferent about it. "As such, your punishment will be a month long suspension starting tomorrow. There will be no alleviation or remission for this."

Normally, students who have gotten this particular punishment will be horrified, even if we, the discipline committee, gave the punishment instead of the school staff, but not for Hayaru-kun. Rather, he stood up and went to the door that leads to my room.

"What're you doing?!" I yelled at him for doing so while the other members are holding their batons, ready to stop him. However, he just glared at me before moving to another door, with this one leading to the hallways of the main building.

"I'm just doing my punishment, bitch." He said to me coldly, before he went out of the disciplinary committee office. I went on to follow him secretly, and sure enough, he was grabbing his bag at his homeroom, without saying a word, before finally leaving the main building altogether.

He really left the school... and somehow, I felt horrible of letting him doing so...

~~ >/Present, Third Person POV/< ~~

After Sunaya finished explaining Hayaru's circumstances, Mahiru sighs yet again.

'Hayaru-kun...' Mahiru thought, remembering how just before the fight, they were talking together about his club problem. "Very well, Sunaya-san. If you excuse me, I'll be returning back to my class." She then said, and bows lightly before heading out of the disciplinary committee's office. As she walked, Mahiru is planning of what to do for Hayaru, but she still doesn't know where he lives.