Part 16

A tickling sensation pulls him out of his slumber, and Zayn wants to stretch, but soon discovers he is unable to. There is a warm weight pressing him down, going along the length of his back and around his right leg. With great difficulty he lifts his head so he can peek over his shoulder, seeing Harry's head resting on his shoulder blade, his soft exhales brushing over the back of his neck. The weight is explained when he sees Harry is practically wrapped around him

Zayn lets his head sink back into the pillow. ''Harreh,'' he grunts, trying to shake the boy off him, ''You're squashing me.''

Harry stirs a tiny bit, tightening his hold on Zayn. '''M comftbwl,'' he mumbles.

''Can't hear you.''

''I'm comfortable,'' Harry sighs, rolling off Zayn. ''Or I was.''

Zayn rolls onto his side so he can look at Harry. ''Well, you can get comfortable again. Just not on top of me.''

''Really? You don't like having me on top of you?'' Harry asks, wiggling his eyebrows. Zayn just groans, because it's too early for this. He isn't nearly awake enough yet to deal with Harry's humour.

''You're dirty,'' is what he says, although it loses some of its crudeness when Zayn reaches out to softly stroke some curls out of Harry's face.

Harry leans into the touch, closing his eyes. ''I know you are, too. Just don't say it out loud.'' Of course he's right, but Zayn stays perfectly quiet and just keeps stroking Harry's hair, who is very nearly purring.

''You're like a cat,'' Zayn points out, feeling a smile creep up on his face when Harry inches forward and tucks his head under Zayn's chin.

''Am I?'' He yawns and starts nosing Zayn's jaw, who circles his arms around Harry and presses a kiss to the top of his head.

''Kind of.'' The silence that follows is heavy, because the air feels heavy. Heavy in the way that even the thought of talking or lifting a limb becomes tiring. Why would they? Zayn for one is perfectly content stroking Harry's hair, breathing in the scent that still bears traces of the shampoo they used after their bath the previous night. Taking a shower had been kind of necessary.

''We shouldn't fall asleep again,'' Harry mumbles, tugging at Zayn's arm. ''Got plans for today.''

''Hmm, with?''

''You, silly.'' Harry untangles himself from Zayn's grasp and stretches after stumbling out of bed. ''I'm positive you'll like them.''

Zayn snorts. ''Like the last time?'' When there's no response, he looks up to see a pouting Harry. ''Alright, fine.''

''Great! Now get out of bed, you lazy bum,'' Harry orders and grabs the duvet, fanning it up and down.

''That's cold, you arsehole!'' Zayn swears loudly, hurrying out of bed so he can quickly put on a shirt and pants. Harry just shrugs and disappears inside the bathroom while Zayn eyes the bed longingly.

Just as he's considering lying back down for just a minute, Harry's voice can be heard from the bathroom: ''Don't you dare!''

He knows Zayn too well, already.

Since this chapter is incredibly short, I'll be updating tomorrow (Tuesday)! If you made it this far into the story: thank you, you're awesome!

See you tomorrow xxx <3

Dedication: @finnocence