Preston's Prestige Prowess

It's been a few days since the Flower Scouts decided to form an alliance with the campers. Max didn't fully agree to being partners with them, since they kept entering the camp without further notice. Harrison brushed it off, saying it wasn't such a big deal, and if anything were to happen, he could use a memory spell on them.

On the other hand, Preston was noticing changes in his appearance. One morning, he woke up with even paler skin than he had originally; almost pure white. The next day, his hair seemed to be more brittle and prone to damage. And finally, while talking to Ered, she noticed that his teeth were rather sharp and his eyes, brighter. This bothered Preston, since it were the only things his friends kept mentioning every time he were to participate in a conversation, leading to him spending most of his time in his tent. David noticed his odd behavior, so he chose to interact with him.

— Hello, Preston! greeted David with joy. What's going on? Gwen prepared a bunch of meals for the week, instead of always eating Quartermaster's mashed potato for dinner...

Preston didn't reply. He was sitting on his bed, looking at the ground with his eyebrows frowned, like if he was thinking about something complex. His eyes wandered around to notice David's shoes.

— Oh. Hi, David... Preston replied in a monotone voice, which befuddled David.

He left the tent after telling Preston to come inside the mess hall, but he didn't move a muscle. Preston was too focused on his drastic changes, but didn't want it to get the best out of him or his interactions with the campers, so he decided to give it a break. Of course, his charisma will get the best out of them. As he stood up with bravery, he walked out of his tent only to feel a burning sensation on his skin, as if it were melting. He ran quickly inside the mess hall and closed the doors abruptly. Harrison was staring at him, his eyes wide open. Of course, the magician wasn't able to notice his changes from far away, so he just thought of it as if it were ''classical Preston's overdramatic entrance'', like Nikki kept mentioning whenever he entered.

Preston sat down and quietly ate Gwen's food, only to spit it out with disgust. The campers are bewildered.

— Fuck, Preston, said Gwen, offended. It took me so long to make it!

— Sorry, he muttered. I don't know why, it tastes terrible! Everything tastes terrible!

After breakfast, the campers went on doing their respectful hobbies. Neil was seen making objects in his laboratory. Max and Nikki were interested in his newest invention.

— I wonder if the science group that I am in at school will like this... he spoke.

Max took his invention with curiosity.

— Who cares, he responded. They can suck a dick, it's not like you are going to win a prize or anything.

— It's for a prize, Neil admitted. I wouldn't do this in my free time.

Meanwhile, Ered and Nikki were cleaning the mess the Wood Scouts made. Nurf sat down on a log and groaned.

— This is boring! he muttered. There is nothing to do! Where is David?

Quartermaster teleported behind Nurf, carrying David with his hook hand. David was let go and landed on his feet. Preston was peeking from his tent. As he looked at the campers enjoying their fun time outside, he felt restricted. Getting out of the mess hall and walking back to his tent will make him burn up, but he refused to tell anyone, since the camp already deals with a lot of trouble. He then noticed Max staring at him, so he hid back in his tent and sat down on his bed. Much to his surprise, Harrison teleported right behind him, which made him jump.