Party time

Nya's POV

Things have never been better. Ever since we caught Serenity's daughter's killer, things have been smooth from there. Reina has just been growing and growing and so much time has passed. Today is her 4th birthday and she's already speaking full sentences, being all smart like her father.

"Come on Reina, we have to go before you are late to school," I said.

"Why do I have to go to school if it's my birthday?"

"Because now you can be the birthday girl at your school too, it'll make you feel even more special," I replied.

"Well, I am pretty special."

"Yes, you are, now can you please go tell your father to hurry up so we can both drop you to school," I replied.

"Sure, mom."

Reina went to get Spencer from our room and we headed to her school and dropped her off.

Spencer's POV

"It was a really nice idea to do a surprise party for Reina," I said to Nya as I carried the party items into the house.

"Yeah, I felt like we should do something special for our daughter, and Ive already spoken to the other parents in her class, and they agreed to bring her classmates to the party too. I asked Derek to pick her up and spend the day with her so that we can have time to set everything up." Nya said.

"You really planned this whole thing out, didn't you?"

"Of course I did, I need today to be perfect," Nya replied.

"It will be."

"Good, now can you please put those streamers up? You're a lot taller than I am."

"Of Course Darling." I replied.

5 Hours later...

"Did you get all the snacks?" Nya asked.

"Yes, I got all the snacks and the food, and I made sure everything is in tip-top shape. Everything is perfect, the guests will be arriving any minute, just breathe."

"You are so amazing." Nya said.

"I know," I replied.

The guest started to arrive and put their gifts in the gift area. Derek called me to warn me when he and Reina would be home.

"They're coming, everyone! Turn off the lights." I said.

Reina and Derek walked in when everyone yelled surprise!

"This is so cool! Did you guys do all this?" Reina said.

"Yes, we did," Nya said.

"I love you guys," Reina said while hugging us.

"We love you too sweetheart," I said.

"Reina, you have the best parents ever, I totally wish they could adopt me!" Natalie(one of Reina's friends) said.

"yeah, they are pretty great. Come on, lets go play outside." Reina replied.

Nya's Pov

"You guys did a great job decorating this place. You really went all out for a 4-year-olds birthday party." Derek said.

"When you have kids Derek, there is nothing you wouldn't do for them." I said.

"That is true."

"Bro, when are you going to go talk to her?" I asked.

"What are you talking about?"

"Serenity, you haven't been able to keep your eyes off of her since you met her. My eyes are burning watching your lack of self-confidence."

"I'm confident," Derek said.

"Oh, really?"

"Yeah, I'm going to go talk to her right now, hold my drink."

"Good luck," I said.

Spencers POV

Nya wanted to make sure everything was perfect for Reina's 4th birthday. While all the food and tables were inside, all the games were in the backyard. She got a bouncy house, and toy cars, water ballons, and even hired Tiana and Mulan to entertain Reina for the night because she knows those are her favorite princesses. Once everyone had their fair share of food, we all went outside to sing Reina happy birthday. She had the biggest smile on her face.

"Hey, can I talk to you inside for a second?" I asked Nya.

"Of course."

We went inside the kitchen to talk.

'What's up?"

"You know seeing you be such an amazing mom is incredibly attractive," I said.

"You are just as much as an amazing father, as I am an amazing mother. She's lucky to have us both." Nya said.

"Yeah, she is," I said in agreement.

"Now let's go back outside so I can get u with these water balloons," Nya said.

"You really think that you can hit me with water balloons?"

"You're not invisible," Nya replied.

"No I'm not, but I have an IQ of 187, I know I can dodge a couple of water balloons."

"You may be smarter but I'm faster and stronger, I'll mop the floor with you my love, and we all know water balloon dodgeball is a game of agility," Nya said.

"Smarts over agility, any day." I replied.

"It is so on, Dr. Reid, you better get ready for your defeat," Nya said.

This woman has no idea how much I love her.