Chapter 2

“Today,” He spoke, “Today is the Day Edin.” I whipped my head around, my eyes widening.

“Today?! Now!” I shrieked but went quiet immediately. He nodded, I crawled out of his lap and forced myself to shift. I started to feel like I was burning. I went to the spot where I was chained and tugged at it until it broke. Looking around the basement I saw he already left. I jangled the chains in my mouth to block out any noise.

“Edin? I have done it,” I felt him pick me up, his horns began to crack, “Let’s get out of this earthly made hell.” I felt a gust of wind against my fur and before I could blink we were outside at my strawberry bush.

I smelled smoke in the air, looking back at the house I saw it being burned. Finally their own sins had caught up with them.

I was put down and I ran, and ran and ran until the sun set. I found a spot to sleep in, and so I did. When I woke up I was hungry and hurting, I shifted back and waited for Vega to show. An hour had passed and I grew even hungrier, I called out his name once and he appeared.

“You should’ve called me earlier, Little Star.” He said. He waved his hand and food appeared.

It was mostly soft foods, I thanked him for the food and began to eat. I shifted back into wolf form, though it began to hurt, and walked with him by my side. I don’t know how long we walked but we found a creek, a deer was drinking from it.

I felt a rush of his power flow through me, he had healed me. I looked up at him and I realized that his horns are connecting together. A small light came from the inside.

We walked away and continued until the sun was setting again. Vega led me to a spot, and told me to shift back. He held me and sang me a lullaby to fall asleep.

Morning came, and I was in a new pair of clothing. Vega was nowhere to be seen, but a note was left saying- that he went to see what he could do to help me. I folded it neatly and put it in my pocket.

The clothes I was wearing were nice, a long-sleeved white button up, a red vest and gray shorts along with black socks and brown shoes. I haven’t worn anything like this before, Momma always puts me in dresses. I decided to make headway and walked, but I heard voices.

I hurriedly shifted and ran past them, I could hear one scream. I ran until I was exhausted, I found a hole and I went inside. I fell asleep shortly after only to be awakened by Vega shaking me.

“You’re awake, good, we need to continue,” He began, “We’re near the spot. A couple of more weeks should do it” I nodded and crawled out of the hole. Once I was out he picked me up and gave me a ‘granola bar’ as he called it.

I asked why I could see him, and how heaven was like, he responded with short and quick answers. We continued this routine, sometimes I would hunt small creatures though it felt like I wasn’t controlling my body at times.

When I told him this his aurora shake, then he said he would carry me through the night. I asked why but he wouldn’t respond. I had nightmares about Momma and the basement sometimes, and sometimes him hurting me.