Chapter 10

[Aug 11th 2021]

"Evs!!" I screamed when I saw them coming, I grinned when I felt the others Cores twist in confusion. I patted the seat next to me. They plopped down into the chair, and gave me an energy drink. Telling me how much they liked it and how they hoped I would too.

"Everyone welcome, Everett our newest pack member," David said as he stood up, "and Edin's first proper friend." I kicked his chair in defense, I heard Christian laugh. Everett stood up and introduced themself.

"I'm Everett, and I'm 16! Right now I use they/them." They sat back down and smiled at me. The Pack meeting continued and soon it ended. The old and young came as we went outside. Everett dragged me to the pups. I usually stayed away from them, since I should be considered one of them but since of my syndrome I didn't. Anytime they tried to play with me I scolded them.

I stood there awkwardly as they shifted, I plopped down at the grass and began to pluck at it. But I was interrupted by Everett laying down on me. My first instinct was to shove them off but I stopped myself midway through.

"I see you're still wearing the necklace." I ran my hand through their brown fur. They stuck their tongue out. I bopped them on their nose and soon the younger ones came closer. They all soon just put their snouts on my lap. I lied down fully and shifted.

"Y'all wanted this right?" I heard gasps and a few cuss words. "Damn got P.I.S.S?" They got off from me and I rolled over and laid down.

"Yes, I actually do." They all climbed over and I felt David's eyes on me. I scoured through all the mind links and found his.

"What changed." He demanded, I rolled my eyes and answered, "I just wanted to change, fuck adults. Never helped me, so I'm going to be what the youngin's need." I let go of that link and went back to the pups.

"Hey! Stop nippin' on my ear!" I lightly growled and they backed off. They bit, and tried to hurt all the while Everett was just under my snout, sleeping. We soon left and Everett followed me, back home. They apparently walked here, so I offered them a place to sleep.

"Can we get somethin' to eat? Please!!" They cried. I finally turned around and drove us to Max's Rustic Pizza. I handed them some cash and unlocked the door. They hopped out of the car and went inside, I laid back and I spotted something. A small white ribbon with a pink 'L' sewn onto a corner.

I immediately grabbed and ripped the fabric from the metal clip and burned it. I don't want Everett to see it, they had it the worst unlike the rest of the group. I fanned out the awful smell and waited for them to arrive.

"What's with the smell of smoke? Do you smoke?" I shook my head and opened the glove compartment and showed the multitudes of mini-Whiskey bottles. They sat down and grabbed one.

"I love these! Can I?" I nodded and started up the car and drove us back to my place.

I thanked any gods out there that Everett didn't question the smoke smell any further. I looked at the bottles, Finn would probably disapprove of us drinking. Better not tell him then.