Chapter 15

[Dec. 31th 2021-Jan. 1st 2022]

!!This is the Inversion!!

!!It's five pages long in a Google Doc!!

I knocked on the door, I could feel two cores in a single bathroom stall, "Incubus and the Freelancer get it on at home. Please get out before I call back up." I said bluntly, I get it Demons need to feed but not in public like this. I heard the demon rift and finally the Freelancer came out with an awkward grin. I rolled my eyes and motioned him to get out.

"Edin, go take a break." I heard the tremble in Everetts voice. I've been ignoring her ever since the Solstice Party, "Alright, call me if you need back up." She agreed. I made my way up and started to head to the lounge. I hummed a tune that David and I shared although he didn't know it. I paused when I felt a small pulse of a familiar Core, why does it feel familiar? I looked at the direction of it. Nothing was there, I reached out with my own core.

"Follow me." I whispered, I thought Vega was the only demon I've encountered. I walked over to an empty lounge, and planted myself on the floor. Old habits die hard I guess.

"Did I know you? I can sense you but not see," I could feel it jump, then vibrate out of giddiness-felt almost like laughter. I was shocked, " An Empathy Demon?" Sighing relief, I breathed in and let my walls down momentarily, though it took some trouble. I glanced where the Core was and I could see the Demon.

"Can-Can you see me now?" The Empath asked, I nodded, still very confused. I heard his laughter echo in these empty walls. "Ma-oops! I mean Edin! Right? You go by Edin, not that one. Edin, Edin," He continued to say my name to make sure he wouldn't say my old name. There was a moment of silence before I recognized and then embraced him.

"Edin, it's been a long time since that area, huh?" He said. I nodded, we made small talk until I had to leave, I made my way over to Finn. I'm sure he'll berate and ask me what Evs-Everett heard from me.

I found an Air elemental trying to flirt with Finn, it angered me but I have no place feeling like that. I walked behind them and glared at them causing them to back off. Finn turned around and started asking questions.

The Core hidden deep beneath them flickering with anger, confusion and something I couldn't detect fully. I couldn't help but think about how I love him, sighing I told him to drop it. That she and I would talk about it later.

Waving him goodbye I started heading to one of the upper levels. That was until I saw a portal opening up, immediately I ran back to Finn and made him stand behind me.

"Any in the view of the stadium, do you see that? I repeat, do you see that?" My voice began to fade away as Shades poured out of it. What a fucking wonderfull day, where's Everett? I shook my head and made myself focus on protecting Finn.

"Finn, stay beside me! You know what those fuckers are right?!" I yelled at him as I pulled him down to the ground, the people began running to the exits. Chaos was afoot, and I've been surrounded by it since I was young.

I pulled him into one of the lounging rooms and slammed the door behind me, even though I knew it was stupid and useless. I paced around the room trying to think, I tried getting hold of Everett but it was disconnecting as the Ward closed around us.

"Eve-Everett? Where is she? Where!" Finn tugged at my arm, I tried focusing on the crackling radio. All I heard was frantic breathing, repeating 'no's'. Until it finally closed, "She's safe. She's outside the ward." I whispered to him. I rummaged through the drawers and found a knife, I gave it to him and dragged him outside. But he in turn started to drag me to the Vampire Box.