Chapter 3

[2017]

"I'm telling you, go inside as quiet as you can be and you'll be at home." His voice began to get more sharp. It's been some years since he helped me escape from my personal hell. And to be frank, he keeps trying to send me 'home' but he is my home. I didn't want him to know that, we were fighting again in front of the same building. I threw up my arms in defeat and cloaked myself, I walked inside the building and walked inside the room with an open door.

"I'm here?" I said as I uncloaked myself. All of a sudden the room went quiet, I huffed and crossed my arms, "I thought you knew? He told me that you were prepared." A man with a leather jacket came to me slowly. "You're the wolf that the Demon told us to take in?" He asked. Demon? He's not a demon.

"You mean my Guardian Angel? Vega? Then yes, I am." I crossed my arms, and I heard someone chuckle, I saw the man's face twist into confusion.

That was when I heard Vega come in, "Mr.Shaw will you please excuse that, I told you before she's been hurt. And the amount of hurt she's been through she needs time to adjust." His voice echoed throughout the room. I scurried behind him, though I heard him sigh.

"My name is Edin!" I yelped when a light slap on my shoulder. Mr.Shaw extended his hand and I shook it. Vega pushed me upfront, then he disappeared. I looked around the room and called his name. He didn't respond nor came back. Is he? Is he leaving me?

"Edin, you're part of our Pack now," Mr.Shaw began, "I'm the Alpha, David Shaw." I let him grab my hands, I was in complete shock. Vega-the person who I viewed as a father just left me with strangers. I nodded, letting whatever words he let out fly right over my head.

I let him push me out of the building and into a car, it was silent. We drove for a good couple of minutes to another building. He led me inside and the rest was a blur. I can't really remember much of what was happening. When we came back outside it was nighttime, I came back at that point.

"We're going to your new home, I have had a room prepared for you a couple months back but you never showed up until now." His voice was gruff, like he wasn't used to talking to a kid. I nodded, I don't want to be here. I whispered out Vega's name again but he still didn't appear. When we reached the house someone was waiting there.

"Davey! Is that?" The voice was loud, but before he could continue he introduced himself to me. Saying that his name was Anthony and that he was going to be my dad. I shrugged, liking the way the light in his eyes faded. I want Vega not them. I let them brush my hair, serve me food and let them bathe me.

They flinched when they saw my scars and how calm I was telling them how I got'em. They took me to my room, in which was bare, I sat down on the bed. As soon as he closed the door I rushed up and locked it, letting myself fall to the floor and sob.

Fuck! WHY? Was I that unlovable? I did everything I was told! How could he just throw me out like that! I thought he loved me. I let myself sob, but soon I recollected myself. I pulled off the blankets and went to sleep in the corner of the floor.