Chapter 7

[Dec  21st 2020]

I knocked on the door and waited, I smoothed down my dress with my gloved hands. Lauren was beside me, upset. She didn't like the fact that I wouldn't put on something she liked. This was her first Solstice with my pack so I wore what I'd usually wear. I heard Anthony's footsteps come closer.

"Edin! And Lauren right?" He had a wide toothed grin, he seemed kinda tipsy but sober enough to act normal. He pushed us in and complimented on my dress, I heard Lauren scowl. Anthony heard it and looked at me with a confused look.

"So! Where's the big man?" I changed the subject Anthony answered that he was talking with Asher and his partner, Bailey. I nodded my head and grabbed Lauren's hand, making way to David. I could read her core clear as day tonight, just for tonight.

"Princess, please enjoy yourself. And be respectful of my Alpha." I whispered in the calmest tone that I could muster. She just shrugged. I waited for Asher and Bailey to move, and hurried up to him. I felt Lauren's core light up and jump.

"Edin! Half expected for you not to come." He sassed me, most of the time I ditch these things but since Lauren is here I can't. "Well, my girlfriend was dying to meet my pack. 'Father'." I said it in a mocking tone. He faked a gag, "Please, Edin. Never call me that ever again." I glared at him.

"Wait! You're the daughter of David Shaw?! Why haven't you've told me!" She hissed. David looked like he was going to maul her for a moment. I sighed.

"Princess, it's just a precaution. Whenever I went to dates and introduced myself as- Edin Shaw. Then they try to snuggle up against me to use me and-" I felt a sting on my cheek, did she just? The room went silent. He was right.

"Lauren, did you just slap me?" I looked at her dead in her eyes. They were filled with anger, he was so right, Vega was fuckin' right.

"I did and what of it! You don't trust me!" She made her voice tremble. David was about to do something before I stopped him. I leaned closer to her, wrapping my arms around her neck and undid the necklace. She gasped. I looked at her and smiled.

"You should've realized earlier that," I put the necklace in my pocket, "I don't really care for you. I don't need silly emotions." I put my hands on her shoulders and gripped them.

"Edin- I thought you," Tears started forming in her eyes, "I thought you cared." I started laughing softly, I let go of her shoulder and hid my face. David made an attempt to make space between us. I glared at him once I uncovered my face.

"You don't either! I can read your Core clears as fuckin' day," I could feel everyones eyes on me, "And you don't give a single crap about me-or any of us!" Her eyes narrowed, is she that dumb? Did she think I wouldn't realize she was cheating on me?

"Don't give me that look 'cheater'," She looked around, trying to find an escape, "I just want you to go, leave. You're not welcomed here." She gave me one last look before she booked it. I looked up at David and gestured, as to say- 'I can handle it without violent tendencies'. He sighed and went into the crowd.

I went into the kitchen, and dug through the fridge, I found a beer can and popped it open. I quickly concealed it under magic as a soda can. As I was about to take a swig of it I saw Bailey come in. I placed the can down and asked what he needed.

"Edin, I'm disappointed in you," Bailey crossed his arms as he stood in front of me, "I want you to apologize to her." I looked up and down at him. Did he really just tell me that? I sighed and picked up the can and drank some of it.

"No. She's abusive to all her partners," I took another sip, "I just called her out on it. If I actually cared I would've made an elaborate excuse," I finished up the can and threw it away, "in which would only hurt her more if she found the truth. She's just hurt that I couldn't be controlled." I walked out of the kitchen and left him alone.

I went to find David and told him I was going. He tried to fight back but Anthony came to my rescue. Need to get him something for that. I walked out into the chilly air and walked to my beat up old car. Tank helped me salvage it from a car accident. I could detect a Vamp and a Freelancer just faintly, telling me it happened around twenty-ish years ago. I made my way to my apartment and went inside, Vega was waiting there for me. I heated up some leftovers and sat down on the couch.

"You broke it off with her?" I nodded and stuffed my mouth, "Well to make my visit short, Finn isn't what he seems. I know you like mystery so I won't tell all of his secrets. Bye." He rifted off and left me to think.

Finn, what kind of secret do you have! You already have my interest but now you have an air of mystery to you. I finished up and cleaned my apartment, changed the position of the furniture and took a bath once I was done. I checked my phone and saw missed calls from Lauren and Asher. I understand Lauren but Asher? I listened to the voicemails behind and all it was about was chisme about Lauren. I called him and he picked up rather quickly.

"Edin! Edin! O-my-god! The dirt we found on her," His voice cracked multiple times in that line, "first turns out-okay wait. You made an announcement that you're over with her!" I paused.

"I didn't must've been Vega," I simply stated as I sat down on my 'bed', "continue." Apparently multiple people started bombarding Lauren about their relationship to her and how many people she's been seeing.

That number was thirteen people including me, all in the magical community. And I found a similar pattern, hell I even made a groupchat of all of us and relayed the info.

Edin:[we all had be easy to manipulate that's what she wanted]

Luke:[who r u?]

Edin:[the person who made the announcement]

Vic:[Thank you :)]

Edin:[just wanted to fuck her life even more]

Luke:[should we intro ourslevs?]

And that's how I spent my night, talking to these people, Everett, Luke, Vic, Maisie, Jordan, Ants, Tomas, Joe, Kenny, Mayte, Pollux, and Mercy. We plan on meeting each other as soon as we can.