Suhaag Raat

Takes place in a universe where Priya and Pihu weren't kidnapped before the small mandir remarriage. There was no confrontation with Nandini and no accident, and the Diwali cafe date was PG.

----------

That was the sign that greeted Ram and Priya as they walked into their bedroom after getting remarried at a nearby mandir

That was the sign that greeted Ram and Priya as they walked into their bedroom after getting remarried at a nearby mandir. It had been a small and cozy wedding, with the only guests being their friends and family sans Nandini and Shubham, who had holed themselves up inside the farmhouse after the Diwali batwara fiasco. Ram had wished that they could have shown up, but he knew that they'd come around some day. Or at least, he hoped they would.

"Surprise!" Pihu shouted, running up to her parents and engulfing them in a hug.

"Ye sab aapne kiya?" Ram asked as he looked around. The room was dim, lit up by dozens of candles that were surrounded by scatterings of rose petals.

"Nahi, maine toh sirf ye sign banaya tha. Jab maine Handsome ko dikhaya, toh usne kaha ki bedroom ko bhi decorate karna chahiye," Pihu said innocently.

Priya and Ram looked at each other, flustered.

"Main Krish ko chhodungi nahi..." Priya grumbled.

"Arre, maine kya kiya?" Krish asked as he stood in the doorway.

"Tumne kya kiya? Ye sab-"

"Decorations hain. C'mon Priya, aaj tumhari shaadi hui hain! Room ko decorate karna zaroori tha."

"Lekin Krish..." Ram said.

"Lekin-vekin kuch nahi. Tum dono ko toh pata hona hi chahiye ki maine ye sab kyun kiya. Ab chalo Beautiful, aaj raat hum dono khoob masti karenge. Pizza aur cupcakes khayenge, movies dekhenge, aur games khelenge. Chalo!"

As Pihu waltzed out of the room, Krish turned back to the couple and whispered, "Have fun, you two! And Ram, kuch chahiye toh nightstand check karna."

Ram raised an eyebrow and walked over to his nightstand. He closed the drawer as quickly as he opened it.

"...Fully...stocked...hain..." he chuckled nervously, rubbing the nape of his neck.

He looked up at Priya, whose face was red from shyness.

"It's okay, Priya. Zaroori nahi hain ki aaj raat humare beech kuch ho. Actually, main tumse poochna chahta tha if it's okay ki aaj raat hum sirf... cuddle kare?"

Priya looked up into his eyes and breathed a sigh of relief. It wasn't that she was afraid to be intimate with Ram again. Rather, she knew that he always took care of her needs and treated her delicately. But, despite everything being okay between them again, she felt some sort of unease. Unease remembering how everything crumbled the morning after their last night together. Unease knowing that Ram was still unaware of many truths. Unease contemplating whether her father's shraap would strike down on her again, snatching her and her family's happiness.