Temptation (Episode 289)

Ram entered the kitchen nervously with a towel in hand. He felt awkward approaching Priya after the moment they had almost shared outside. But God, she had looked so stunning. The water droplets on her face from the unexpected downpour looked so tempting that he was half-glad that the bag of bread had slipped out of her hands and jolted them out of their reverie.

Had Priya felt it too? Was she aware of how arousing it was?

Of course she had to. This wasn't the first time Ram had almost lost his control in front of her. That moment in the kitchen after they had a fight and she burnt her hand; the time when they were in the boxing ring after Maitreyi's delivery. Priya had to have felt the sexual tension brewing between them.

He internally cursed himself for angrily telling her she couldn't control herself. Duffer Ram, YOU'RE the one who can't control.

Feeling his presence in the kitchen, Priya turned to look at Ram. Taking a quick glance at her, he felt his knees grow weak. The wetness of her hair formed drops of water on her neck and upper chest, and the only thoughts running through Ram's head were about how badly he wanted to swoop in and undress her, his tongue lapping at those droplets as he burried himself inside her.

Priya looked down, noticing where Ram's eyes had momentarily resided. She felt awkward, yet she also felt butterflies in her stomach. There had been a few moments within the past few months where Ram had looked at her with a yearning feeling, as if his desire for her would overcome his hatred. They were on better terms now, trying to co-parent Pihu without fighting much. But she could not stop thinking about the softening of feelings between them. She couldn't stop thinking about his grip on her waist as she almost fell a few minutes ago, his hooded eyes darting to her lips, his hand caressing her face.

Taking the towel from Ram's outstretched hand, she began wiping her neck and chest first. She couldn't let Ram succumb to his desires, because she knew she'd melt into putty the moment his hands were on her. And she couldn't do that, because it would mean more open communication between them, with Ram demanding to know the answers she wished to keep hidden.

As she started wiping herself, Ram took a peek at Priya. He motioned for her to wipe at her damp hair, but Priya felt herself hand the towel back to him. His face was frozen as he wiped at the side of her face, and he quickly realized he was losing control again.

Priya silently thanked him as he handed her back the towel, and he turned to face the sliced vegetables.

Maybe I should leave..., he thought to himself before feeling a splatter of water hit him. Priya had absent-mindedly flung her damp hair in his direction. Her face seemed shocked, and she quickly approached him to wipe his face.

Ram gulped uncomfortably. His arousal was evident now, throbbing against the confines of his boxer briefs. He motioned for her to wipe the side of his face so that he could look away from the temptation in front of him and attempt to distract himself, and she did so gently. Looking back into her eyes, he couldn't resist bringing a hand up and lacing it through her hair.

Fuck it, he thought to himself before leaning in. Priya gasped slightly as she felt his hot mouth against hers, hungry to get a taste of her.

Just let go, Priya, she told herself before kissing him back with equal fervor. She laced one hand in his hair while the other gripped the collar of his shirt.

Feeling Priya's receptiveness, Ram stepped forward, placing his arms on either side of her and caging her between his body and the kitchen counter. Priya could feel his clothed arousal rub against her, causing her to moan into Ram's mouth. Ram moved his hands down to grasp Priya's hips before hoisting her up onto the kitchen counter. She tilted her head back as he stepped between her open thighs, trailing his lips down from her jawline to the crook of her neck. His hands slipped inside her kurti and trailed along her back, and he ground his lower body against the kitchen counter for some relief. Her hands moved down to unbutton the top of his shirt, desperate to feel his warm and taut body.

*DING*

The toaster went off, snapping Ram and Priya back into reality.

Ram took a step back. He groaned at the sight in front of him: Priya with swollen lips, a fierce blush on her cheeks, splotches of red where his teeth had nipped at her skin. The temptation within him had only grown stronger seeing her in this state.

Priya also checked him out as she got off the counter. His lust-filled yet soft gaze, the nail marks on his chest, the evident arousal straining against his trousers; it was all too exhilarating for her, flooding her mind with images of them taking the next step and making love in the kitchen itself. It reminded her too much of his passionate love for her five years ago, something she had yearned for throughout the years apart from him but was so close and tangible now. She wished that this could be a daily occurrence, letting him shower his love for her while she shied away lest someone walk in on them. She wished to be bold with him, knocking him off his feet as she took charge over him and loved him senselessly. She wished to let herself loose, shedding the trauma of her past and accepting that she was deserving of love and happiness.

But alas, the truth that separated them was far too grand and would certainly devastate Ram. She could bear his anger, but she could never bear to see him shatter. She could—no, she had to—bear the sexual tension between them for his own good.

"Main...Pihu ko check kar ke aata hoon," Ram mumbled before taking a bite of a sandwich and running off to his room.

"Papa, ye aapko kya hua?" Pihu innocently asked as she saw her father's state when he entered the room. He felt his cheeks burn as Pawan, who had been sitting next to Pihu, looked down and tried to hide his laughter.

Great, now everyone knows I can't control myself, he chided as he buttoned up his shirt and smoothed his hair out. He was grateful that he had had enough sense to stumble to the bathroom before checking up on her, finishing the deed he had started (and nearly came to fruition to) in the kitchen, but God knows how he had managed to ignore the other parts of him that made his kitchen kartoots evident.

"Main...Priya Bhabhi-I mean, Priya Ma'am ko help kar ke aata hoon," Pawan said with a smile.

"Woh na...bahar...baarish...aapki Mumma ko... help... karne... gaya tha...sandwich...banaana..." Ram stuttered once Pawan had left the room.

"Chalo main aapka temperature le leta hoon!" He turned away quickly, picking up the thermometer and trying to avoid any further questions.

"Ek second, sab normal ho gaya hain. So happy!" he smiled at his daughter.

Pihu narrowed her eyes at her father, wondering why he was so jittery. She opened her mouth to ask why it looked like he had been attacked by a cat, but she soon noticed Pawan entering the room with a plate.

"Sandwich!" Pihu exclaimed. Ram immediately turned around and breathed a sigh of relief.

Ram Kapoor, saved by his trusty Pawan (who was internally laughing at his boss's haalat) and the sandwich in his hand.

----------

A/N: Too much sexual tension in this episode. Came across a clip of it and needed to write this out because I don't understand how it didn't end up with them making out (well, I do. Ram's other bhook took over lmao).

I was gonna publish a part 2 of the Shubham OS but I honestly hated it the more I read it. Tbh don't even know about this one because ??? Can I write romance? No. Do I write it anyways? Yes. But I hope you all liked this anyways ❤️