The next day (2)

I try not to think about the strange looks I got as we passed the bustop and entered the highway as we drove to school. We made it there after what seemed like twenty minutes which was 6:40am. We had twenty minutes to spare before we enter classes at 7:00am.

During those twenty minutes I usually ate breakfast and spent the other ten minutes walking around. Sometimes I would see Adam and his friends passing a football to each other or rate the girls they see passing by. Adam parked at the back of the school where I guess is where all the students at South Bridge parked I didn't know for sure.

I thanked Adam and was about to leave until he said "Wait!" "Get down now!" I didn't have to ask I did as he asked and then I heard the chatter of Jake and his friends passing by. I guess Adam was looking out for me or he didn't want to be caught dead around me. "Ok you can get up now" he told me. "Hey, thanks" was the last thing I said before I left.

I went through the front doors even if it was a bit far I didn't wanna enter the same door Jake did. 6:45 am that gave me an extra five minutes to walk around. I went to my locker first to get my things for biology then I remembered... I well Adam and I didn't even start it. I had to go ask my teacher for extension time I thought she would be reasonable since this is my first assignment I didn't do on time.

I went up the stairs and was heading to my classroom until I was greeted by Jake and his friends "great what an unpleasant surprise." I whispered under my breath "What did you say?" Jake sternly said. "N-nothing" I replied "Yeah okay" Jake looked through the classroom door and found that no teacher was present. He then pushed me to the floor and went on how much of a loser I am and how I should kill myself and if I did no one will miss me.

I didn't know what I was thinking but I got back up and punched him right on the cheek. It had no effect and only made him madder he then punched me on my cheek and I could see blood flying out my mouth and I fell on the floor. It was at that moment a familiar voice whispered to my ear "Stay down." Then I heard Adam telling Jake "Come on Jake" "He had enough" then Jake barked at Adam "Are you defending him!?" "No but it doesn't make you tough if you beat on some kid half your size that's already on the floor" Jakes friends agreed "Hmph" "Whatever" Jake said before him and his friends walked away while Adam stayed back.

When Adam was sure Jake was gone he propped me on a locker and asked if I was alright. I was slipping in and out of conciseness then started asking me how many fingers is he holding up... That was the last thing I remembered before waking up at the nurses office.