୧♠⌠Chapter 14⌡♠୨

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

...

"How are you and Zenitsu?"

Those were the first words that were spoken through phone the day after the Christmas festival.

Ino: "You called me to ask that?"

Tan: "I just want to make sure everything is okay between you two because you guys seemed off yesterday."

Ino: "*huffs* It's prolly cuz of that damn kiss."

Tan: "Oh. Oh."

Ino: "Dammit I acted on impulse!! God this is so frustrating!"

Tan: "Hey! Hey! Inosuke, listen. What you did might have caught him off guard, so let him have a moment to process."

Ino: "*SIGH* But Inosuke wants to be with him! Inosuke wants to talk to him! Inosuke wants to hang out! Laugh! Have fun! Not feel this stupid, pathetic feeling."

Tan: "You have to be patient. He will come back to you. He has to! You're his best friend."

Ino: "Best friends don't leave each other hanging! They don't make each other feel this way! They don't hang up on the phone when you're not done talking! They don't ignore multiple calls from their best friend! Same goes for texting!"

Tan: "But sometimes they do when they need time alone or are busy. Right now, you're upset, but you mustn't let it control you and say impulsive things to Zenitsu when he doesn't want that right now. He most likely needs to be away from you. Not in a bad way of course! But all I'm trying to say is give him some time to himself."

Ino: "...He better come back soon then."

Tan: "background voices* Coming! Sorry Inosuke, my mom is calling me to eat dinner. I wish you luck! Bye!"

Ino: "Bye. *hangs up*"

{January 1, XXXX} New Years Day

New Years Day has arrived; however, there is still no sign of Zenitsu's response. Inosuke tried to focus on anything else that is not Zenitsu, but he found it difficult. He couldn't even focus when having family time with Kotoha to celebrate New Years. Until in that same night, he received a text! 

...

Those  type of texts. (aka the long paragraph)

"*glimpses at the notif* Who the hell sent a whole terms & condition- *realizes it's from Zenitsu* AHHHHHHH!!!!" Inosuke throws his phone onto his bed as if he just experienced a whole jumpscare...which he did technically.

He took a moment to calm down and brace himself for whatever is going to happen once he reads it. He slowly picks up his phone and scans through it. The longer he processed the words, the more his eyes filled up with water. He felt the stabbing pain through his chest, and it grew heavier and heavier as if a hydraulic press was squeezing down inside his chest. Trying to hold back his desire to scream only made this blocking feeling inside his throat worse. It was getting difficult to breathe. It began to feel suffocating. The words kept repeating inside his mind. It kept repeating. Repeating. And repeating. Repeating until he managed to say it himself.

"..You..you don't want to be friends anymore?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To be continued...

❖possibly the shortest chapter in this story? with the worst cliffhanger?? yes. thank you guys for being patient with me and the chapters! this was a really short chapter so i will try to make the next part as soon as possible <3